East Century Capital is a global family office serving a private investor whose portfolio companies include middle market companies throughout Africa, Latin America, Europe and East Asia. Headquartered in Hong Kong, East Century is a partnership among a culturally diverse group of senior institutional investment professionals with established track records of success.
With a global footprint of more than 300 professionals in over 40 countries and strong relationships and mandates from buy-side investors, East Century is well positioned to execute strategies to create value for its portfolio companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Origination – Global Capital Markets
- The firm is currently seeking a professional to develop/originate new growth & capital raising mandates throughout sub-Saharan Africa. Extensive knowledge of African markets and experience in one of the following targeted sectors is preferred:
- Real Estate Development
- Consumer goods
- Energy, Telecommunications
- Financial Services (Banking, Insurance, Micro-Credit)
- Manufacturing, Infrastructure
The following investment segments are in particularly strong demand from our institutional investor base:
- Growth Equity
- Recapitalizations (Buy-outs, distressed situations)
- Venture Equity
- Debt Capital including structured credit (esoteric and new asset classes)
- The Director of Origination is expected to present high-quality deal flow to the Hong Kong sales teams by facilitating introductions with senior decision makers at companies seeking to raise capital or sell.
- Compensation is structured as a percentage (%) of revenues resulting from originated transactions (both advisory and success fees). There is no fixed compensation. Certain expenses reimbursed for established origination directors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply