Eclat Human Resources Consulting Limited is a progressive Human Resource Management Firm with its Headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. We are a team of professionals from various field of study who have come together to build Eclat Human Resources Consulting serving clients across the nation. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
We seek a Quality surveyor who can deliver on the following:
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies to ensure their proposals will work.
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers, research new materials for design and cost savings, and develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Reviewing construction plans and preparing quantity requirements
- Create scopes of work, forecast upcoming demand, assist in settling invoice or contract disputes, and handle change order requests.
- Issue purchase orders for procurement, expedition of materials and equipment for assigned jobs.
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations.
- Maintain subcontractor and supplier insurance policies; assist in ensuring awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines as well as maintaining company’s quality control program.
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers as well as establishing new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and continually improve pricing and quality of work.
- Documenting any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Negotiate and agree on contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided.
- Keep contract files and use them as references for the future.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Produce reports and statistics using computer software.
- Prepares monthly budget for all site works from site requisitions.
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, building engineers, and structural engineers.
Education and Work Experience
- B.Tech. and M.Tech Degree in Quantity Survey.
- 4-5 years post-graduation experience and must be currently practicing.
- Working knowledge of construction software.
- Membership of Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS) and other relevant professional bodies.
- Young, smart, and driven professional with strong growth potentials.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Time management skills.
- Construction estimating or finance experienced is advantageous.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 24th June, 2023.