Ecobank Development Corporation (Ecobank Capital) is the investment banking and securities trading company of Ecobank Transnational Inc., the Pan African financial institution with banking and financial services operations across 34 countries in Africa, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. We operate across 5 regional offices in Africa namely: Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Cameroun and Ivory Coast.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of Securities / MD – Ecobank Stockbrokers Limited (ESL)
Ref No: 18000017
Reports to: Country Head, Securities Wealth & Asset Management (SWAM)
- In charge of growing all segments of the Securities business, such as Brokerage, Sales & Distribution, and Investor services in a profitable and cost-effective manner.
- To provide leadership and support to the division staff in order to sustainably grow the business through learning, enhancing capabilities and coaching.
- To grow the business by developing a strong customer-centric culture aiming at achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and product penetration
- Oversee all Securities business including brokerage, sales & distribution and investor services
- Specifically oversee the Brokerage business aiming at growing Trading volume and revenues on Debt and Equity instruments in a profitable and cost-effective manner
- Specifically oversee sales & distribution of fundraising mandates/transactions originated or not by Investment Bank, by leveraging internal distribution capabilities (Ecobank Affiliates) and more importantly external investors (banks, asset managers, insurance companies, hedge funds)
- Specifically oversee investors services business, including local custodian services.
Business Development & Customer Excellence:
- Elaborate marketing strategies to develop existing portfolio and new opportunities.
- Understand customer needs and respond with products and services in order to achieve business objectives.
- Develop executive contact plan and arrange meetings with appropriate Heads of Unit.
- Conduct joint calls with team, Affiliates’ commercial and corporate branches with emphasis on cross-selling to increase wallet share for Ecobank
- Oversee customer service policies and implementation.
People Management, Operational Performance, and Strategic Initiatives:
- Participate in strategy/ success plan design and execution
- In charge of the talent management by appraising regularly the staff, identify successors and retain top performers
- Exercise leadership by building individual learning & development plans for the staff
- Ensure that the business comply to internal legal and risk management policies as well as country/regional regulations
- Develop a strong culture within the team focused on high operational performance
- Define strategic initiatives to position the business in a sustainable growth path and drive the implementation.
- Minimum Undergraduate or Masters Degree in Marketing or related field of study.
- Holds professional qualification in Chartered Institute of Stockbroker (CIS).
- Strong communication skills are required,
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented and self-motivated with ability to work successfully under own initiative.
- 10 years sales including, 3 years of Management experience with good distribution track record in Capital Markets
- Ability to interact and negotiate effectively with the internal and external customers
- Sound Knowledge of Capital market and Banking sector at large
- Product knowledge, ideally across various asset classes
- Customer focused, Results oriented and Result driven;
- Good organizational and time management skills are highly desirable;
- Membership of a relevant professional body would be an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 25th May, 2018.