ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID) is an international financial institution established by the 15 Member States of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). EBID includes: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. The main objective of EBID is to contribute to the economic development of West Africa through the financing of ECOWAS and NEPAD projects and programs. The headquarters of the bank is in Lome in the Togolese Republic.
We are recruiting qualified persons, who are citizens of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), to fill the following professional position below:
Job Title: Equipment and Fixed Assets Officer
Location: Lome, Togolese Republic
- Under the supervision of the Head of Assets and General Services Division at the Department of Administration, the Equipment and Fixed Assets Officer shall ensure budgeting and accounting of the Bank’s assets and equipment.
- Update the Bank’s fixed asset management procedures manual.
- Prepare dossiers on fixed assets, acquisi on of equipment and furniture.
- Manage the entry and exit of fixed assets.
- Plan and organise the annual inventory of stocks and fixed assets and draw up the relevant datasheets and the related report.
- Set up a forecasting system for equipment management.
- Develop and implement budget planning and execution tools.
- Monitor the processing of common bills and their payments (electricity, water, telephone, internet, subscriptions, gas) and other services (vehicle repairs, equipment rental) at the Bank’s Headquarters and the official residences.
- Manage rental contracts, draw up the relevant invoices and monitor their prompt payments.
- Design and implement asset tracking procedure.
- Organise auctions of the Bank’s used items to staff.
- Implement a policy for handling of keys (key organisation chart) and office allocation.
- Monitor the insurance contracts of EBID’s Headquarters and official residences;
- In collaboration with the officer in charge of vehicle fleet, contribute to the definition of specifica ons of vehicles to be acquired.
- Update the vehicle depreciation table.
- Take part in the hand over (provisional and final) of deliverables and sign the related documents.
- Carry out any task entrusted to him/her by the Supervisor or the Senior Management.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- At least a Master’ s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Auditing, Management control or any related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience as a fixed assets and/or equipment officer preferably, in a financial institution.
- Mastery over one fixed asset management software.
- Sound knowledge of at least one accounting software.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise and correct reports and working notes on issues related to his/her duties.
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure;
- Perfect skills in planning and prioritisation.
- Ability to work in a dynamic multi-cultural environment.
- Be a national of one of the ECOWAS Member States.
- Must not be above 45 years at the time of recruitment.
- Have sound knowledge of computer tools (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point).
17th March, 2023.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to: email@example.com using “2023 Recruitment Programme” as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information (PDF)
Applications must include the following:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae,
- A Cover Letter,
- Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates,
- A copy of National Identity Card or Passport,
- A copy of Birth Certificate.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
- EBID reserves the right to withdraw the notified vacancy or offer position at a lower grade.
- Female applications for EBID jobs are strongly encouraged.