Eden Solutions & Resources Limited – Our client, an international school is recruiting suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: African / Social Studies and Geography Teacher
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Our client, an international school with British Curriculum located in Abuja is looking to recruit a well experienced Teacher to take students African/Social Studies and Geography subjects. Ideal candidate will handle the three subjects, prepare and give lesson and ensure excellent performance of students in subject areas.
- To assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of· learning, marking policies and teaching strategies in the Curriculum area.
- To plan and prepare courses and lessons.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/ Form Tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To use and develop the application of I.C.T. in your curriculum area.
- To take part in the school’s staff development programme by participating in arrangements for further training and professional development.
- To track student progress and use information to inform teaching and learning.
- To communicate effectively with the parents of students as appropriate.
- Where appropriate, to communicate and co-operate with persons or bodies outside the school.
- To follow agreed policies for communications in the school.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- To contribute to the whole school’s planning activities.
Requirement / Qualification:
- Bachelor’s of Education Degree in Geography / related course or BSc. plus PDGE
- Masters in Education will be an added advantage
- TRCN certification
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Social Studies/Geography Teacher in an international school
- IGCSE / CIE experience
- Confident and competent user of ICT
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to assess student work accurately and precisely using criteria
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF to: [email protected] using “Job title” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 10th April, 2021.