Education as a Vaccine (EVA) is a youth-focused non-governmental organization established in 2000 to create systems and structures for young people to make responsible decisions about their developments.To that effect the organization applies youth friendly approaches to provide sexual and reproductive health information and services and advocates for the needs of young people in collaboration with other affinity groups.
We are looking for staff, qualified and on a full time employment for the post of:
Job Title: Team Leader, Advocacy and Capacity Building
Time Requirements: Full time with a minimum of 45 hours per week.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of quality programs and activities in accordance with national, state, funding agency and organization’s guidelines and requirements.
- The TLPAC will work directly with the Board Program Committee; Executive Director; Team Leader Service Delivery and Behavior Change Communication; Team Leader, Strategy, Learning, Development and Communications as well as Team Leader, Finance and Admin at management level for the development of strategies, budget and programs. S/He will work with Field Office (State) Program Coordinators and Assistants in the delivery of key tasks.
- The TLPAC will be responsible for directly supervising the Field Office (State) Program Coordinators and Assistants
Key Task and Responsibilities
1.) Plan Advocacy and Capacity Building Programs:
- Serve as the technical lead on advocacy and capacity building programs and activities
- Plan the delivery of the advocacy and capacity building program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support advocacy and capacity building programs
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop funding proposals for advocacy and capacity program
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
2.) Organize the Advocacy and Capacity Building Program:
- Ensure that advocacy and capacity building program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant professional standards
- Develop forms and records to document program activities
3.) Staff Advocacy and Capacity Building Program:
- In consultation with the Executive Director and HR/Admin Coordinator, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
- Work with the HR/Admin coordinator to ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and advocacy and capacity building programs
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training on advocacy and capacity building technical areas.
- Work with the HR/Admin coordinator to establish and implement a performance management process for all advocacy and capacity building program staff
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management policies
4.) Lead Advocacy and Capacity Building Program:
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Communicate with beneficiaries, partners and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Represent the organization in technical meetings relating to advocacy and capacity building issues.
- Liaise with other Team Leaders to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
5.) Control and Report on Advocacy and Capacity Building Program:
- Write reports on the program for management and for funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- Work with the Team Leader, Finance and Admin to monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Executive Director on a monthly basis.
- Work with Team Leader, Finance and Admin to manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
- At least University degree in Social Sciences. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 4-6 years’ experience in a related field
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of advocacy and capacity building program area
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover letter to: [email protected] with the Job title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 1st August, 2016.