Efficacy Construction Company Limited is a leading Building Construction Company based in Lagos Nigeria with over 14 years of providing exceptional service in the real estate sphere. Through its productive journey of fourteen years, the company has relentlessly grown to be committed to meeting and satisfying one of the most fundamental desires on the hierarchy of human needs, Shelter. A feat we have achieved through persistent accountability, excellence, reliability, and efficiency since conception. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a trustworthy, detail-oriented and analytical accountant to manage all financial transactions.
- The ideal candidate must have a good grasp of accounting and financial practices, and regulations and also possess strong computer, verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepare, examine and analyse accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Makes the statements and payments of various taxes to be paid by the company.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses and individuals.
- Get the balance sheet audited by the concerned authority.
- Allocation of funds to various departments as per budget provisions.
- Checking of bills with respect to terms and conditions of contract/order.
- Preparing and submitting periodical statements of accounts to the management.
- To collate PENSION funds and ensure same is paid 7 working days after payment of salary.
- Work on client management and documentation.
- Ensure requisitions are approved and disbursement of all payments is being followed up with the MD.
- Perform the administrative functions of interfacing with the clients at the office on matters related to accounting transactions.
- Maintenance of Clients’ documents/files and ensure proper record keeping for all clients.
- Prepare and update the cash flow statement.
- Assist with processing of various statutory payments such as NSITF, ITF, and Land Use Charge.
- Posting of transactions on the SAGE ONE accounting software.
- Attend to all bank instructions, reference letters and bank drafts to be generated in order to effect payment.
- Perform all other administrative/account functions at intervals as may be necessary and assigned in order to ensure speedy and excellent service delivery to our clients.
Qualifications and Background:
- B.Sc in Accounting.
- 3 – 5 years experience as an accountant
- Should have basic knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Good Accuracy skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Experience using SAGE ONE Accounting software
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
- ICAN Certification is a plus.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.