EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology). We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Laboratory Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- Interact with patients and family members in a professional, compassionate and respectful manner to facilitate healthcare delivery as a team member.
- Maintain quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced troubleshooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Review logs and registers to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Draft, review and enforce new SOPs.
- Setup and maintain the Lab Information Management System for specimen tracking, entering results, and reporting.
- Perform business analysis of laboratory operations and expansion of services.
- Prepare laboratory staff duty schedule.
- Manage the External Quality Assurance programs subscribed to by EHA Clinics.
- Assist in developing and implementing a QMS and its associated SOPs and policies to satisfy accreditation requirements for ISO 15189.
- Investigate non-conformities and patient complaints and take remedial action.
- Support HR with recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding of laboratory staff.
- Solicit new customers and clients to grow business.
- Assist in marketing and sales activities.
- Assist in the introduction of new initiatives and technologies.
- Prepare laboratory performance and quality reports for executives to review.
- Ensure all staff maintains their professional accreditations and licenses.
- Liaise with the software team to maintain laboratory interface, LIMS/other software.
- Assist in Solicitation of vendor information, quotations, and proformas.
- Maintain inventory.
- Manage procurement of tests and consumables.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patients’ confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Maintain professional license by complying with regulatory requirements including continuing professional development activities.
- Participate in assigned research projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Training:
- A minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Laboratory Science from an accredited university.
- Additional training and experience in laboratory quality management systems.
- Candidate must possess a Certification from the Associate of the Institute of Medical Laboratory
- Science Council of Nigeria (AMLSCN)
- Candidates must possess a current practising license.
- Relevant Certification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years of managerial experience in a regulated clinical laboratory is required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated, and patient.
- Must be able to review, analyze, and respond to different situations they encounter daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations, and taking appropriate decisions.
- EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date. S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD).
- The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent Communication
- Working Under Pressure
- Humane, Empathetic, and Supportive Bedside Manner
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Problem solving and Initiative
- Time Management and Organization
- Attention to Detail.
- Competitive salary scale based on improvements from the CONMESS and CONHESS salary structures as well as surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria.
- The salary is negotiable but performance-based.
- Base salary constitutes 70%, while 30% is a bonus based on predefined individual performance indicators and monthly organizational performance.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 30th December, 2021.