eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Health Informatics
Purpose of the position
- The Manager, Health Informatics will work with the team to develop software solutions by studying information needs.
- S/he will represent the software department in Kano, externally and internally.
- This involves resource hiring, managing the software department, budgeting and communication with stakeholders and donors.
- S/he will also provide summarized information on development and service issues, supports and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Researches product development options and provides analysis for product direction.
- Evaluates employee performance, sets expectations and goals for the department and individual staff members, recruits, disciplines and trains staff.
- Creates the initial project budget with the assistance of the software department in Kano.
- Hiring and building up a software team in Kano in collaboration with the department head
- Keywords: Software development, Team Management, Department Manager.
- Leads any new proposals in close coordination with the country and the software department.
- Work closely with project managers and stakeholders to identify the requirements for new software programs.
- Consults with internal departments to identify functional needs and include project objectives.
- Software managers monitor progress against intermediate and final development targets
- conduct regular team meetings to review progress and to identify potential obstacles to completion.
- Identify functional requirements of departments and provide the basis for a solution development strategy that gives the software team a clear sense of direction
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning and tracking project progress.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Cultural sensitivity, sound judgment, and strong interest in working in a demanding environment, with the organizational ability to handle multiple tasks around ambitious deadlines.
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to eHA’s mission and vision exemplified through professional background or a history of community involvement.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and cultural environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain partnerships at local and international levels. Ability to act as a change agent and positively influence others.
- Ability to identify and promote best practices
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Ability to assess and learn new technology quickly.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of technology project management
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegate, and make timely/quality decisions
- Training and presentation experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or related field.
- 7-10 years related professional experience in IT management.
- Performing evaluations and preparing assessment reports for a position as an advisor.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Ability to work both in collaboration with others on a project team and independently on tasks.
- Demonstrated experience building and managing professional relationships and professionally engaging with partners.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply