eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Analyst
- The Business Analyst is responsible for the requirements analysis and documentation, specification, development cycle and execution of a variety of software projects.
- S/he manages the sprint and release process and communicates all changes to relevant stakeholders.
- Requirements Analysis, Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Agile
Duties and Responsibilities
- Discovers, documents, and prioritizes client needs and requirements, translating them to specific software requirements
- Supports Information Systems Manager in developing specifications, timelines and budget
- Manages prioritization in close coordination with the programmes and engineering teams
- Organizes and facilitates project planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other project-related meetings
- Acts as an interface between program units, technology teams and support teams in collaboration with a Senior business Analyst
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation
- Works as a technical writer to ensure quality internal and external client-oriented documentation
- Provides end-to-end solution and design details
- Demos product functionalities for customers and other stakeholders
- Tracks tasks and milestones and reports on the project’s progress
- Supports Information Systems Manager in establishing software development processes with the local development team
- Documents business and system processes using UML notation and Case tool like Enterprise Architect
- Ensures that the recommended solution has a competitive edge
- Understands the technical designs as well as the specifications
- Effectively communicates with internal teams and external clients to deliver functional requirements such as GUI, screen and interface designs
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science, Business Management, Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum Framework
- Excellent written and verbal communications with a strong aptitude for succinctly presenting thoughts and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on product or project management experience with software products and solutions
- Desirables: UML, SCRUM, MICROSOFT Technologies
- Demonstrated experience to gather user requirements from a number of sources and build product requirements. Ability to identify product improvements that meet organizational and client needs
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.& Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply