eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Operations Engineering
Purpose of the Position:
- The Associate Operating Engineer will support ongoing creation and development of systems and products for eHealth Africa. Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Operations Engineering, the Engineer will complete engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- They will assist with the design, development and implementation of key projects to support the organization’s strategic goals.
- The Associate Ops Engineer is responsible for efficient installation and maintenance of facility power equipment and accessories to ensure power availability and functionality across the various sections of the facility. You will be a critical part of a team focused on ensuring our services are ready and stress tested.
- You should be comfortable taking on new challenges, supporting the definition of potential solutions and implementing designs in a team environment.
What You’ll Do:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensures availability of electrical power to eHA facilities throughout the day
- Confirms power system performance by conducting tests to validate quality of output
- Carrying out routine maintenance work to minimize/prevent power system failures
- Providing periodic reports on system performance
- Promptly identifying issues and escalating to supervisor when additional support is required
- Monitoring and maintenance of renewable energy equipment and accessories across facilities.
- Monitoring and maintenance of office equipment and electrical accessories across facilities.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by following procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- May sometimes travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Treats others with respect and consideration, regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for their own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and work supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards
Who You Are:
- Outstanding interpersonal, human relations and communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to adapt to changes, results-oriented, and positive minded in a changing work environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and eye for details.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Vast knowledge in the operating of standard office equipment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.