Ekiti State Community and Social Development Agency was established by Ekiti State Government for the implementation of Community and Social Development Projects (CSDP).
The objective of CSDP is to increase the access of people in the rural communities in the State to improve social and natural resources infrastructure services in a sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to Communities and Vulnerable Groups.
The Agency, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from the public and private sectors to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Project: Ekiti State Community and Social Development Project (EKCSDP)
The General Manager shall:
- Be in charge of general administration of the Agency;
- Manage the State Agency (SA) personnel;
- Be the accounting officer of the State Agency;
- Give approval for proposals of Community Development Plans (CDPs) recommended by the SA management committee;
- Authorize expenditure in accordance with the annual budget and work program of the SA as approved by the Board of Directors (BOD);
- Represent the Agency in all its dealings with third parties at the level of the Management;
- Conduct dialogue with donors and those capable of providing complimentary technical and administrative skills and financial resources;
- Delegate his authority to the staff of the Agency to the extent necessary for the efficient performance of the activities of Agency;
- Perform such other duties as may be required for the efficient functioning of the State Agency;
- Ensure regular reporting and adherence to the SA reporting relationship with the project Financial Management Unit (PFMU);
- Shall serve as the Secretary to the BOD of the State Agency.
Qualification and Experience
- A University First Degree in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Engineering and / or any other relevant Degree with at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience in the private or public sector, and not less five of which must be at the management level
- A higher Degree and experience in the management of rural development projects and international development partners assistance program shall be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates from Private or Civil Service should submit ten (10) copies of hand written Application each with comprehensive Curricula Vitae (CV) and copies of certificates, and must be addressed to:
The Chairman, Board of Directors,
Ekiti State Community and Social Development Agency,
Plot 20, Secretariat Road,
Beside GT Bank,
Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State.
The envelope should be marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CSDP (POSITION APPLIED FOR): DO NOT OPEN BEFORE 12.00 NOON”.
Application Deadline: 12.00 noon Tuesday, 1st September, 2020.
- Failure to comply with this instruction will render such application invalid
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to, while the Agency will not enter into any correspondence with any other candidate(s).