EKOEXCEL is a government-designed and funded program to drive excellence in learning for 500,000 pupils across public primary schools in Lagos State. Through EKOEXCEL, over 14 thousand existing government teachers are being up-skilled through re-training and the use of technology that supports and motivates them to succeed in their classrooms. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, IT Operations
About the Role:
- The Associate, Information Technology role will ensure the provision of superior customer service throughout the business, through the maintenance, enhancement and efficient operation of IT functions. Additionally, the role will include responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of IT operations and systems, as well as the line management of IT officers.
- The flexibility to work outside normal business hours is integral to this role, as is the ability to work under broad direction and minimal supervision.
What You will Do:
- Provide first point of IT Support contact for all staff, covering all PC hardware, software, smartphones and tablets, as well as any associated peripherals.
- Deploy computers and associated peripherals including new installations and redeployment of existing equipment.
- Install and configure operating systems and software to agreed standards under the direction of the IT Manager and other immediate supervisors.
- Maintain existing equipment to standards determined by the IT Manager, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software, and ensure that records are kept up-to-date within the service desk system.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to colleagues, suppliers or partner organizations as required.
- Log all incidents and service requests in the designated service desk system, where necessary login on behalf of the staff.
- Manage service desk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of the company’s network is not compromised.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to the relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Work with colleagues to monitor performance of company’s systems, ensuring that issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT Department.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
What You Should Have:
A Degree from a recognized university with top marks in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC/Mac hardware
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Software and hardware troubleshooting
- Windows desktop (7/8) experience
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013 support
- Active Directory administration
Experience working and training on a variety of IT subjects and applications
- Excellent Writing and oral communication skills
- Good research skills, including ability to identify and propose solutions to issues/crisis
- Knowledge of Android technologies, Smart Phones, LAN and Wi-Fi configurations
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Experience with admin of Microsoft systems such as Exchange, Navision, IIS, or SharePoint.
- Routers, switches and firewall experience
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, we work in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online