EM-ONE is an engineering, technology and consulting firm with over 10 years of experience delivering sustainable energy solutions and smart electricity infrastructure to West Africa. We have worked closely with donors, private sector players and leading technology partners to build over 400 solar microgrids for both rural communities and commercial & industrial applications. Our work helps our clients of all sizes increase their efficiency, leverage clean technology, and develop new and innovative energy services.
Consulting engagements in Africa’s energy sector that focus on data collection and analysis, viability
research and behavioral evaluation are on the rise. These engagements require a different way of thinking and call for skill sets beyond just technical competence. This will require drawing on both business acumen and technical expertise to analyze issues holistically, deploy solutions and create value for all stakeholders involved in the consulting value chain. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Accounting & Finance
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full time
About the Job:
- EM-ONE is seeking an experienced accounting and finance professional to play an important role in our Nigeria company’s business operations.
- Our ideal candidate will work closely with the CEO / Managing Director to ensure that cost and financial data is available for decision making at a project, legal and consolidated level. This individual will be based in our regional office in Abuja, Nigeria – reporting to our CEO and Corporate Controller.
- At EM-ONE, we are a collaborative team of technology and engineering experts focused on accelerating the sustainable energy transition in Africa. We provide end-to-end solutions in distributed energy systems, smart electricity infrastructure, and e-mobility.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The position will be responsible for the accounting/finance function at EM-ONE Nigeria:
- Responsible for Financial Planning & Analysis, supporting the determination of business objectives and decision-making at the country level by providing an insightful view of the financial performance and financial position (historic and future) of the business.
- Responsible for ensuring that all accounting/finance records are kept in accordance with corporate standards and local compliance requirements including tax and other accounting governmental regulations in Nigeria.
- In charge of producing reliable and relevant financial statements and reports for different stakeholders.
- Responsible for data integrity and availability for accounting and project management purposes.
- Controls the assets (tangible and intangible) of the Nigerian operations.
- Team player capable to work effectively with project team members to manage projects costing.
- Support to other initiatives and tasks assigned by the CEO and Corporate Controller
- Accounting Professional (CPA, ACCA or ACA).
- Having a CFA level 2 is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting/finance environment.
- Experience with project costing constitutes an asset.
- Proficient in Quick book and ERP systems.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem – solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
What Do We Offer?
- Salary range: competitive based on experience.
- Solid social and environmental impact mission with a team passionate about what we do and how we do it.
- The role is high impact – you will feel your direct impact to the team, to our mission and on our new business development.
- Full range of health & dental; education allowance and learning & development experiences; generous paid sick days & vacation.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter in PDF format to: [email protected] using “Manager – Accounting & Finance” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
Note: If you meet 80% or more of the ideal requirements you are eligble to apply.