Enaro Energy is a startup Mini-Grid company that is currently developing a fully commercial, pilot mini-grid project in Nigeria with the intent to scale up and rapidly install several mini-grids across the country.
We are a technology agnostic, distributed energy service provider that uses a variety of renewable and fossil fuel primary energy sources to provide competitively priced, predictable and reliable electrical power to small businesses and households across the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Vice President, Technical
- As the Technical lead, you will supervise the engineering design, procurement, construction and commissioning process, working with high quality partners to deliver fit-for-purpose mini-grids in multiple locations.
- You will also oversee operations & maintenance of the pilot mini-grid, ensuring component systems function within their operating envelopes while maintaining a high uptime. You will also implement a robust preventive maintenance program and facilitate quick response and remediation to unplanned outages.
- Coordinating the permitting processes with the primary construction contractors.
- Overseeing the development of policies and procedures in compliance with all standards applicable to the company, including NERC, NEMSA and REA standards.
- Supervising the statutory Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) processes and ensuring it is delivered to a high quality.
- Lifecycle project management of mini-grid project development.
- Assisting with site selection data analysis.
- Collecting data on the existing energy consumption patterns in each proposed location in support of the engineering design process.
- Coordinating the tender process for the procurement of partners, equipment and technical services for the projects.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in Engineering or Operations & Maintenance in the utility sector.
- Advanced proficiency in modern productivity tools including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Flexibility and eagerness to lend a hand wherever needed, even if a specific task may fall outside the core job description.
- Experience required in either solar or natural gas based electricity generation with a willingness to learn about other generation technologies.
- Experience with operating or maintaining a grid (including mini-grids) will be an advantage.
- Experience delivering capital projects in the utility sector with a value >$1M.
- Understanding of regulated energy markets and utility pricing.
- Understanding of the off-grid and mini-grid electricity systems.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in related technical discipline preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply