PZ Cussons operates in Africa, Asia and Europe with its strategy built on four core principles.We operate in selected markets that have the potential for future growth, both in mature and emerging markets.
PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc, the largest subsidiary of PZ Cussons, has enjoyed tremendous business success in Nigeria for over a century.
Job Title: Energy Manager
All Business Units – All States
The Role: Energy Manager:
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Maintain a reliable electrical supply on site with minimal power outages
- Ensure maximum plant availability/ uptime
- Establish service agreements with suppliers to improve reliability and minimize downtime.
- Establish and carry out maintenance schedules to minimize impact i.e. during low demand periods
- Review critical spares holding
- Review and redefine the control philosophy using both manual and automatic systems to match supply with demand.
- Develop communication/control system for pick up and drop off of large plant loads.
- Effective communication with the site operating units (OU’s) to manage load demand
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of site load profile so as to more closely match the generating capacity to the demand.
- Develop a strategy for standby options in the event of unplanned breakdowns and loss of gas.
The Right candidate must
- Have a knowledge of gas and diesel generation sets in stand alone (island) operation
- Have electromechanical qualifications
- Have a Knowledge of power demand and distribution .
- Have a CAN DO attitude, exhibiting our core values – COURAGE, ACCOUNTABILITY, NETWORKING, DRIVE and ONENESS.
Closing date: 30 Mar 2012
Apply for this Job