Ensco brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. We own the world’s newest ultra-deep water rig fleet and largest fleet of active premium jackups and are investing billions of dollars in additional drillships and high-specification jackups.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Safety Environment Advisor (SHE)
- ODENL (Ocean Deep ESV Nigeria Limited) a joint venture company between OES and Ensco PLC is seeking to employ a SHE Advisor in Lagos at the ODENL office.
- The primary function of this role is to provide support relating the company’s extensive safety management system to ODENL offshore drilling facilities.
- The individual must have excellent communication skills, previous experience in the offshore drilling industry in a similar position,
- The position will report directly to the ODENL SHE Manager and MEAAP (Middle East Africa Asia) business unit SHE Manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform periodic inspections of the offshore drilling rig and support the rig STC
- Perform rig clinic audits and emergency preparation and medical case management
- Ensure compliance of the safety management system in all related safety processes.
- Monitor via the STC all rig safety / rescue equipment and the management thereof
- Monitor rig compliance related to Hazardous substances, Environmental and waste management
- Monitor rig Emergency Preparedness, Drills and exercises and crisis management processes
- Develop positive client relationships and attend all operational or safety related meetings.
- Review Safety Cases, and Bridging documents
- Investigate the incident in conjunction with the rig manager using the TapRoot® software
- Monitor Formal STOP” Observation (FSO) with the STC and the use of STOP Data Pro
- Audit and track to closure all safety related actions via OAP, Synergi, and onboard CAR tracker
- Monitor and understand all Ensco SHE Policies, Standards and Procedures
- Monitor and coach SSoW on the rig and at the office.
- Prepare and apply for all required National regulatory licenses and inspections related to DPR, NNRA, NAA and other regulatory bodies
- Review and or develop rig specific procedures. i.e. Rescue Plans
Mandatory for this position:
- Nebosh International General Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or OSHA equivalent qualifications or combination thereof. (i.e. 9001, 14001. 18001)
Not mandatory but will favor application:
- Nebosh certificate or Diploma in Environmental Management
- Advanced Investigation Team Leader TapRoot® certification.
- ISM Code Lead Internal Auditor
- Emergency Medical Qualifications
- Nebosh International Technical certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- Nebosh Fire Safety and Risk Assessment Certificate
- Five years or more previous experience in the Offshore Oil and Gas industry in a similar position or as a safety professional employed on an offshore drilling rig.
- Nigerian national
- Registered with Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria. ISPON
- Proficient in written and oral English
- Fundamental knowledge of rig emergency / rescue equipment and processes
- Reasonable knowledge of crisis management
- Fundamental knowledge of environmental management
- Fundamental knowledge of a general safety management system / Safety Case
- Knowledgeable of IADC reporting and classification of injury / illness
- Able to present and teach to a large audience
- Able to manage conflict and escalate as required
- Proficient in computer applications such as office and Adobe Acrobat
- Hands-on, driven and capable to handle large volume of work
- Display high work ethics and integrity at all times
- Reasonable understanding of Nigerian regulations in relation to the oil industry
- Reasonable knowledge of all offshore license requirements
- Fundamental knowledge of offshore drilling equipment and processes
- Very Knowledgeable of risk assessment and management of change.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply