Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the chief administrative officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University.
- He is by virtue, of the office, the secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation of the University.
- The Registrar is therefore, expected to give positive leadership in the administrative work of the University.
- He / she must have drive with strong passion for delivering results.
He / She should also:
- Have strong leadership and communication skills
- Be creative, proactive and self-motivated
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have integrity and commitment
- Be computer literate and
- Not be more than sixty (60) years at the time of application.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate for the post of Registrar is required to possess a good University degree (not less than Second Class Honours) from a recognized University, plus a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience in University administration and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidate is expected to:
- Be a distinguished, focused, and dynamic-University Administrator of not below the rank of Deputy Registrar.
- Be a seasoned administrator, well rooted in the finest administrative traditions and who has attained positions of repute in his/her administrative career.
- Have a grasp of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills.
- Be a person of courage but humane, and who can influence administrative decisions in the interest of the University.
- Be a person of proven integrity, with ability to give administrative leadership and build bridges amongst staff and students of the University.
- Be sound, physically and mentally, to be able to perform all the duties and discharge the responsibilities assigned to him/her by the law of the University and as may be directed by the Governing Council, the Vice- Chancellor and Senate.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary and conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Registrar in Nigerian Universities and as determined by the Governing Council from time-to-time.
- The Registrar shall hold office for five (5) years and on such terms and conditions as specified in his/her letter of appointment.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of their application accompanied by fifteen (15) copies of their most recent CV which shall contain the following:
- Full names.
- Date and Place of Birth.
- Contact Address with e-mail address and telephone number(s).
- Marital Status, number and ages of children.
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates (copies of credentials to be enclosed)
- Administrative and managerial experience
- Membership of professional bodies
- All candidates must supply in their application, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees who should be able to attest to the candidates academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness. The candidates should request their referees to separately, forward references directly to the Registrar, Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT).
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover, in a sealed envelope, marked at the upper left hand corner “Post of Registrar ESUT” to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT),
P.M.B 01660, Enugu,
Enugu State, Nigeria.
Application Deadline: 3rd March, 2020. (Time – 3:00pm)
Note: All applications not received by 15:00 hours (3:00 p.m) on the last day shall be declared void