eRecruiter Nigeria is a Professional Recruitment Consultancy and Staffing Services Firm. eRecruiter Nigeria is a recruitment consultancy in Nigeria which utilises the power of the internet to find the best candidates with the aim of helping employers reduce their cost-per-hire and provide more choices. Our recruitment consultancy and staffing services helps our candidates take the pain out of finding the right job
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: VAS Support/Engineer
- Reporting to the VAS Team Lead, the VAS Support/Engineer will manage technical operations and projects for the deployment and delivery of VAS products and services and have overall responsibility for the provision of reliable IT infrastructure to guarantee high output levels from all teams.
- Deploy new products and services on the VAS platform based on the service description, flow and business rules.
- Integrate VAS platforms with MNOs including SMS Gateway, USSDC, SDP, OTA, Billing etc.
- Ensure 99.999% availability of VAS and IT services and platforms.
- Carry out acceptance tests for newly deployed VAS platforms and solutions.
- Have a full understanding of VAS protocols including SMPP, USSDI&II, , HTTP, SS7, M3UA, Sigtran, Web service, IP and others (SNMP).
- Integrate the Company’s products/services in the client’s environment.
- Develop technical specifications for applications that meet business requirements.
- Perform readiness tests on newly implemented VAS systems and products to validate features, capacity and functions.
- Keep abreast of new developments and technology trends in VAS, telecommunication and networking.
- Manage the company’s IT infrastructure: email services, internet access, Antivirus etc.
- Develop desktop, mobile and web applications, scripts for automated operational activities, etc.
- Generate periodic reports including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly performance reports, activity reports, etc.
- Ensure internal collaboration and communication with other functional teams to meet customer needs and operational efficiency within the Company.
- Preparation/Analysis of Logs (Shortcodes, content downloads etc.)
- Setup, Maintain and Monitor Network and Third Party VPN & SMPP Connections
- Liaise with technical teams of telecommunication networks on behalf of clients to resolve technical issues.
- Maintain Web and Mobile Applications
- Develop and maintain code for monitoring of all business service provisions as well as internal applications
- Administration and Management of all internal and external servers and systems, network devices and connections.
- Planning/Implementation of systems/network checklists.
- Administer company’s wired and wireless local area networks.
- Plan and Implement backup strategy for internal and remote systems
- Identify and implement any necessary changes or upgrades.
- Monitor server/network performance and availability to meet Service Level Agreement
- Perform other assigned duties as delegated by management from time to time.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in VAS related engagements/positions/sectors
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field.
- Operating system environments: Linux/UNIX is Compulsory
- Working knowledge/proficiency of SHELL SCRIPT Language is a MUST
- Working knowledge/proficiency of REDHAT Language is a MUST
- Working knowledge/proficiency of PHP Language is a MUST
- Proficiency in JAVA Language is an added advantage
- Database Administration (Oracle/MySQL) is Key
- Systems Administration experience
- Networking and Resource Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: Do not apply if you do not explicitly meet the above requirements.
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2017.