Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates with its home base in the capital city of Abu Dhabi. Since its inception in 2003, the airline has spread its wings to over 65 destinations across the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and North America; fast earning the reputation of being one of the fastest growing airlines in commercial aviation history.
Job Title: Reservation and Ticketing Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Successful incumbent will supervise all front desk activities to optimize all guest interactions and satisfaction whilst ensuring compliance with all Etihad ticketing policies and procedures and high standards of customer service delivery to exceed guest expectations.
Your responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Supervise the efficient operations and monitor performance of the assigned team in order to achieve revenue, yield and volume targets.
- Ensure team compliance with all EY reservation policies and procedures and standards of guest service (i.e. handling guest problems, answering telephone enquiries within 3 rings, pre-flight checks, timeliness, grooming, courtesy etc)
- Handle day-to-day problem resolution, escalating to higher levels as required.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, staff roster and leave records
- Coach, counsel and motivate the team, evaluate performance in a meaningful way that recognizes staff achievements and provide opportunities for skills enhancement (i.e. schedule training in AUH, shadowing for new joiners etc);
- Keep self and the team up to date on product, service, policies and procedures through regular team meetings ensuring communication and understanding by team members.
- Ensure all monies accounted for and TSR tallies
- Ensure ticket stocks are correctly logged, stocked, stored and all material properly stocked and displayed.
- In a state of flight disruption, ensure liaison with all involved (guests and colleagues alike) is managed in a positive manner and that revenue and guest satisfaction requirements are maintained
- Responsible for having queues, PTA issues, TODs and re-issues completed in a timely manner
- Successful candidate must have right to live and work in Nigeria.
- High school graduate, 3 to 5 years airline or travel agency experience in a reservations and ticketing role with at least 2 years supervisory experience.
- With ability to work under pressure and to short lead times and working on own initiatives.
Training & Knowledge:
- Etihad reservation system *AMADEUS* – courses in reservations and ticketing
- Airline advanced passenger tariff and pricing course
- Recognized IATA or knowledge in rules and regulation of airline restrictions
- Coaching skills
- Good written and oral English language skills
- Good PC skills include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet
You have to:
- Do Duty within standard retail opening hours; travel may be required for training; assistance at airport in support of EY ground operations team if required; unsocial hour in support of sales functions etc when required
30 April 2012.
How To Apply
Follow the steps below to apply online
Click here to apply online
Note: When Etihad Airways job portal opens, select Nigeria from the CountryDropdown, scroll down and Click Search & Apply button at the bottom of the page to view open positions for Nigerians.