Posted on :
17 Feb, 2010
17 Feb, 2010
Head, Network Operations Centre– Abuja. The candidate will report to: Director, Operations.
HEAD, NETWORK OPERATIONS CENTRE
Reports to: Director, Operations.
Work Base: Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.
• Coordinates the implementation of an effective framework for the operation and maintenance of the Base Station Subsystem and provide high level support functions on all operational TXM equipment.
• Oversees the provision, maintenance and proper operations of TXM links (Fibre/cable satellite, radio), and switching centers and Base Transceiver Sites.
SUMMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists the Director, Operations in communicating the department’s strategic direction and objectives to all staff.
• Assists in the definition of the department’s plans, policies, projects and service levels.
• Plans and ensures information of established internal processes using best practice standards to ensure a stable and highly available systems platform for an optimal operating environment.
• Keeps abreast of global and local best practices as it relates to the team/function’s activities.
• Manages and support network access and network performance management systems and provide support on all existing and future access and TXM products.
• Oversees the integration, management and administration of BSS and access network platform infrastructure (UNIX-Solaris and application level) and related equipment.
• Continuously reviews the unit/team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
• Oversees the commissioning, provisioning, operation and administration of the fixed TXM, Internet Protocol (IP backbone and access TXM Operations.
• Participates in site acceptance/handover from the implementation unit.
• Identifies required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the department’s strategy.
• Manages bandwidth on the BB and other TXM media for optimal performance.
• Ensures close liaison with Deployment team to ensure compliance with the defined operational standards especially with respect to redundancy and architecture design.
• Provides necessary support towards proper integration of new TXM links.
• Prepares/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director/Operations.
• Establishes and maintains relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Director, Network Operations.
First degree or its equivalent in Engineering –related discipline.
Post-graduate/professional qualification in relevant field will be an added advantage.
Possession of MBA desirable
Eight ( 8 ) to twelve (12) years work experience with at least three (3) in a managerial role.
IN ADDITION, INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST:
• Have completed NYSC or possess exemption certificate.
• Be highly focused and success driven.
• Be strategic and analytical thinkers.
• Possess good leadership, interpersonal and people skills.
• Possess high level of integrity and self regulation.
• Possess excellent communication skills.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Qualified/interested candidates should forward updated / detailed curriculum vitae to: [email protected]
Subject of mail should indicate position applying for and desired location.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.