Posted on :
17 Feb, 2010
17 Feb, 2010
Vacant position exists at Etisalat Nigeria for both internal and external qualified/interested applicants. Please feel free to share this Job information with your contacts and networks who may be interested.
ENGINEER, POWER (NORTH REGION)
Reports to: Manager, Power/Operations.
Locations: SOKOTO, MAIDUGURI.
• Performs on-site technical and operational support in the design, development, installation and maintenance of equipment and systems of a complex nature. Performs the review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual guidance throughout task duration
SUMMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designs power systems facilities and equipment and coordinates construction, operation, and maintenance of electric power generating, receiving, and distribution stations, TXM lines, distribution systems and equipment.
• Provides support during critical network incidents.
• Facilitates and ensures 100% power availability at all networks sites.
• Tracks power outages with a vision of driving continuous improvement in network availability and service quality.
• Executes all preventive and corrective maintenance activities.
• Updates technical documentations.
• Completes and submits reports covering all job activity.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by Senior Engineer, Power.
• First degree or its equivalent in Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or relevant field.
• 2 – 3 years operational experience in Electric Power Reticulation, generator and air conditioner maintenance.
• Previous experience performing electrical power systems analysis is required/
• Candidate must have knowledge of electric power, short circuit coordination, load flow analysis, protective device coordination.
• Previous experience with DC Power engineering in the telco industry is a distinct advantage.
• Possess ability to coordinate complex technical projects, including vendor knowledge at support or engineering design level.
• Must possess excellent complaints handling skills.
IN ADDITION, INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST:
• Have completed NYSC or possess exemption certificate.
• Be highly focused and success driven.
• Be strategic and analytical thinkers.
• Possess good leadership, interpersonal and people skills.
• Possess high level of integrity and self regulation.
• Possess excellent communication skills.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Qualified/interested candidates should forward updated / detailed curriculum vitae to:
Subject of mail should indicate position applying for and desired location.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.