Etisalat’s vision is a world where people’s reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Specialist, Supplier Reconciliation
Location: Lagos, NG
- This position is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the supplier sub-ledgers on the general ledger and ensures they are properly stated at all times and that all assets and liabilities are properly disclosed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- This position will manage the supplier accounting transactions and monthly reconcile the sub-accounts to assist in financial statement preparation.
- It provides guidance on resolution of reconciling items.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the unit’s activities.
- Monitor financial procedures and controls in the light of identified risks and gaps.
- Applies working knowledge and technical accounting principles and practices, financial close processes and controls and financial statement preparation to daily work.
- Demonstrate appreciable working knowledge of IFRS, Nigerian GAAP and other relevant rules and regulations pertaining to the telecommunications industry.
- Monitor financial transaction posting process to ensure that company’s financial information is of agreed quality and integrity.
- Coordinate the reconciliation of all supplier sub-ledgers.
- Ensure the accuracy of all payable accounts in the general ledger
- Ensure the preparation and accuracy of the Accounts Payable Ageing report.
- Investigate all reconciling items on Supplier sub-ledgers.
- Collaborate with the Accounts Payable unit to resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation review meeting with Top 10 vendors.
- Responsible for managing external and internal stakeholder expectation and resolving queries.
- Review and ensure that supplier invoices and payments are properly computed and are appropriately booked in the Enterprise Resource Program (ERP).
- Review relevant general ledger and suppliers sub- ledger accounts.
- Maintain an effective relationship with the external auditors to support external financial reporting.
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes and provision of month-end reports as requested.
- Update general leader accounting procedures/manual.
- Provide support to Accounts Payable and other staff members on financial issues relevant to suppliers’ outstanding.
- Use individual initiative and personal problems solving skills in resolving issues.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS, International Accounting Standards (IAS) and relevant GAAP.
- A first degree in any discipline, but a finance and management related degree is desirable.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Relevant professional qualification (ICAN, CIMA, CFA, ACCA) – added advantage.
- 3 to 5 years post NYSC experience in core accounting functions.
- A demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office products and experience in using an Oracle Financial system.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online