Etisalat’s vision is a world where people’s reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, RF Planning & Optimization
Locations: Abuja & Lagos
- Support the Head, RF Planning and Optimisation by providing field sensitive feedback to the nominal network plan
- Evaluate local and global telecommunications trends and development and implement strategies to counter/minimize possible impact on the architecture and integrity of EMTS access network.
- Review the unit/ team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Plan and optimise radio networks in assigned region for the following radio technologies: GSM, UMTS, and LTE.
- Monitor and track the detailed RF design carried out by the RF Planning and Optimisation Engineers to ensure conformance with the nominal rollout plan.
- Escalate any issues that may delay the rollout of BTS in the region to the Head, RF Planning and Optimisation.
- Assist in ensuring that the radio coverage plan and implementation is done in a timely manner and in consonance with regulatory stipulations for GSM rollout in Nigeria.
- Assist in identifying specialist tools, equipment and solution for radio network coverage enhancements.
- Assist in ensuring that the RF component of network coverage matches EMTS’s network coverage requirements.
- Ensure that adequate knowledge of competitor’s activities and competitive environment in the region is maintained and give feedback to Head, RF Planning and Optimisation
- Understand the telecommunication industry local trends and developments in order to assess the impact on EMTS current and future business
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Head, RF Planning and Optimisation
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Head, RF Planning and Optimisation
Desired Skills and Experience
- A first Degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Postgraduate degree/relevant professional qualification
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years’ work experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role
- Telecommunications Technologies at Advance Level
- Advance Knowledge of Network Planning and Design for GSM, UMTS, LTE, and Wi-Fi Access network
- Indoor Coverage and Small Cell Solutions
- Leadership and People Management
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online