European Management Solutions – Our client, an International NGO, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Finance Consumer Protection Embedded Lab Manager, Nigeria
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job ID: 11109
Start Day: ASAP
Duration of the Contract: 2-year Project
Type of Contract: One-year Renewable Contract
- We are looking, on behalf of our client, an international NGO, for a skilled Consumer Protection Embedded Lab Manager, Nigeria.
- This role will partner with providers, regulators and civil society to conduct research which develops the next generation of solutions for digital financial services in emerging markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The project focuses on the following consumer protection priorities:
- Fraud affecting financial consumers such as loss of money, excessive charges or unauthorized account access.
- Access and use of complaints channels to resolve problems when they arise in financial services.
- Product information and its role in facilitating consumer choice.
- Gender issues related to consumer protection in financial services.
- Our client is collaborating with a Nigerian financial sector regulator on the consumer protection research initiative.
- Responding to demand, the NGO is developing an embedded evidence lab with the regulator, putting a strong focus on equipping them to regularly use evidence to improve their decision-making, policies, and programs.
- The Lab will follow the methodologies developed by NGO’s Embedded Labs program, adapted to the local context and research needs.
- This position will lead and manage these activities, as well as the broader consumer protection research initiative in Nigeria.
- The position holder will report directly to the Nigeria Country Director, with dotted line reporting to the Director of the Consumer Protection Research Initiative.
Embedded Evidence Lab:
The Manager will perform a variety of tasks related to leveraging existing data and developing new research projects to drive greater use of evidence within the regulator. For example, the Manager may conduct activities including but not limited to:
- Mapping the data needs of specific departments within the regulator against the existing data available, complemented with an assessment of its quality
- Assessing existing datasets and indicators according to criteria of relevance, objectivity, and reliability
- Identifying opportunities to run low cost “pilots” of new approaches to data collection and analysis to generate actionable information and analysis
- Developing and executing opportunities to leverage administrative data for analysis to inform key programs and decisions
- Developing and executing “learning-by-doing” capacity building projects with staff of the regulator
- Developing opportunities to leverage administrative data for research; connecting local and international researchers to pursue these openings
- Producing policy reports and briefs based on key insights generated from lab activities
- Developing a policy-driven research agenda for the lab and facilitating the development of research projects to respond to the agenda
- Facilitating events to disseminate lessons learned from implementation of lab activities
- Working with the regulator to apply analysis and learnings from the lab’s data and evidence to its decisions, policies, programs, and interventions, ensuring that the regulator is using evidence in policymaking in a complete feedback loop
Broader Consumer Protection Research Support:
- Support the consumer protection research team to prepare and deliver presentations, briefings and other content to current and potential research partners.
- Coordinate the research project development process across all phases: Project design, partnership agreements, budgeting and procurement, implementation and dissemination.
- Monitor project implementation to ensure quality control and adherence to the research specifications agreed upon, including supervision of research teams during data collection to ensure high quality and strict adherence to research design.
- Support project relationships with local stakeholders, including government authorities, multilateral and bilateral partners, and private sector firms to facilitate the successful implementation of the research projects.
- Contribute to the delivery of high-quality policy and research outputs and activities. These include internal and external communications on the progress and outcomes of the research projects.
- Ensure project deliverables, such as reports and financial statements, are submitted on time.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, or a related field
- 5 – 8 years of work experience in research in private, public or development aid sectors
- Working experience in digital finance and/or consumer protection
- Preferably prior experience with digital financial consumer protection
- Experience in the design and management of randomized controlled trials or microeconomic research is a plus
- Experience engaging and interacting with partners, government officials and other key stakeholders
- Excellent quantitative skills and ability to manage large data analysis projects
- Excellent time management and organizations skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary assistance to internal/external stakeholders.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and updated CVs to: [email protected] using “ref. number 11109” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 23rd September, 2021.
Note: Due to very large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be shortlisted.