Family Health International is a public health and development organization working to improve the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people. In collaboration with national governments, local communities and leading research institutions, FHI delivers services and conducts research in reproductive health, and other infectious diseases to improve the lives and well-being of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations
FHI is recruiting for a Senior Monitoring and Evaluating Officer
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluating Officer, under the supervision of the Associate Director, Monitoring and Evaluation, will assist in the design, implementation and supervision of the LAFIYA Management Information System (LAMIS) at national, zonal, and facility levels, and the creation and use of associated analysis products.
- Ensure that LAMIS meets intended reporting and data output requirements for USG and Government
- Provide technical assistance for the development and implementation of a systematic data analysis process of data outputs from the LAMIS, and linking the LAMIS to the DHIS
- Coordinate and supervise the deployment of the LAMIS system to new sites as identified by the Director, M&E
- Support the Zonal M&E teams in carrying out their local M&E activities
- Provide technical assistance to partner M&E units and to the Government M&E counterparts
- Coordinate all related research activities and contribute to FHI publications
- MPH or similar degree in monitoring and evaluation or a related field (a Bachelors degree will be considered with 5-7 years experience)
- At least 3 -5 years experience in M&E in reproductive health or HIV/AIDS programs in developing countries
- Experience working on the development and implementation of a patient level health management information system
- Sound knowledge of statistics and epidemiology
- Experience working with local partners, including local NGOS and CBOS
- Knowledge of the local context is essential and familiarity with USAID programs preferred
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to:MandEjobs@ghain.org for Monitoring and Evaluation Department vacancies.
Deadline is 24th October, 2009.
Senior Monitoring and Evaluating Officer