Evidence Action’s mission is to fill the gap between what is effective in global health and development and what is implemented at scale. One of our flagship programs is the Deworm the World Initiative, which envisions a world where all at-risk children have improved health, increased access to education and better livelihoods potential as a result of being free of intestinal worms.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Accountant
- To perform general accounting duties for Evidence Action in Abuja Office
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review payment request forms and schedules for payments and upload to the banking payment portal
- Disburse petty cash payments as per the financial policy of Evidence Action.
- Support the regional office staff in processing their petty cash reimbursement requests, staff payments and advances.
- From time to time prepare periodical financial reports as requested by the head office.
- Supporting Projects to keep all the financial records safe and secure.
- Maintain and file financial records after posting transactions into Intacct.
- Ensure correct review and upload of payroll payment requests on the banking portal
- Other duties as assigned
- Update accounting records as and when transactions take place, and assist Snr. Finance Associate to ensure that proper documentation is filed for each transaction while observing confidentiality and safety of these documents.
- Ensure daily preview and update of all processed payments with budget vs. actual updates.
- Maintain fixed assets register and ensure that assets inventory records are updated regularly.
- Support the Operations team to ensure regular physical verification of fixed assets is carried out and ensure adequate insurance cover on Evidence action property to mitigate against the risk of loss.
- Liaise with Snr. Finance Associate in preparation and review of petty cash accounts and register on a regular basis and Ensuring the petty cash support documents for all regions/offices are accurate, proper documentation is filed for each transaction and relevant approvals have been obtained in compliance to Evidence action finance policy etc
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely verification of invoices and processing of payments.
- Ensure the finance and accounting policy and all its annexes are adhered to for all purchases at Evidence Action
- Managing Inventory and Property registers for the organization as will be delegated by the supervising officer
- Ensure a clean and timely audit with no material findings.
- 3 years’ work experience in donor funded programs preferred
- Ability to work with, and perform the analytical review of the large volume of data and figures on Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Audit management experience preferred.
- ICAN /ACCA Professional certification and a degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and other Microsoft accounting packages (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint etc)
- Demonstrate previous use of any accounting software
- May be required to work extended hours on project intensive periods.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply