EWC Communication has become one of the most respected Canadian International study and work company over 7 years, providing personalized service and a unique understanding of Canadian International studies, Canadian Study immigration issues and how they affect people’s lives. Everyday, we put our over 40 years of combined experience into practice, bringing new international study candidates to Canada and helping people just like you realize your dream of a better life in Canada.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Attorney
- Attorneys need to handle multiple clients which involves a lot of responsibilities.
- Hence they delegate their work load to their associates who are involved in research and assist the attorney in performing several other tasks and duties.
Here is a list of the general responsibilities that need to be carried out by an associate attorney:
- He should take an active part in the meetings of the clients and try to understand the issues and come up with a possible way of action to deal the case
- He is involved in preparing for the trials, hearings and participates in the legal proceedings to gain experience
- He is involved in studying and identifying the laws that are applicable to the case
- He is involved in helping with the preparation of various contracts, agreements, planning of estates and filing tax returns.
- He performs several other tasks like scanning the legal documents, preparation of bills that need to be issued to the clients, retrieving the necessary supporting legal documents, maintaining the corporate database,computing the taxes and recommending the tax strategies.
- He is also responsible for generating various reports that need to be presented during meetings with clients.
- He makes full use of various applications and computer programs to update, document, sort and classify the important legal correspondences and make presentations.
- He coordinates with the clients to fix up meetings, conferences and calls.
- He conducts a thorough research and assists in gathering all the data and information that is relevant to the case that will of great help while presenting the evidences during the court sessions
- He assists the attorney in the preparation and drafting of various legal arguments, drafts, and other relevant legal material and reports
- He handles all the administration part like maintaining, updating and keeping a track of the important legal documents covering a wide range of clients so that it is made available to the attorneys whenever there is a requirement
Few of the following skills will ensure success as an associate attorney:
- He should have an ability to comprehend complex matters and identify the laws that are applicable to them
- He should possess a thorough knowledge of the legal procedures and should keep himself updated with the current developments
- He should be proficient in computers and should be able to maintain, update and modify the documents needed during the presentations in the court
- He should have persuasive communication skills that will help in building trust and broadening the client base
- He should be able to demonstrate exceptional organization and time management skills
- He should have a keen eye for detail coupled with good researching ability
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 16th December, 2018.