Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme Ltd/Gte. (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-profit organization dedicated to improving access to qualitative healthcare, Education and Economic strengthening services in Nigeria. Our staffs include experts in health, Education, Social works, youth, Civil Society and research, Due to our new Global Fund (GE) TB-HIV New Funding Model (NFM) Grant, we are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Adhoc Electronic Medical Records Data Entry Clerk
Reports to: Facility M&E Officer & ECEWS Cross River State M&E Officer
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of all health service data recorded and stored in clients’ folders.
- Ensure that clients’ folders are up to date.
- Review and enters facility data into computer system or databases according to the Established procedures.
- Ensures the documentation of the data changes and updates in the facility-based CMP Registers.
- Perform database maintenance functions and addresses issues related to electronic data transmission to the next reporting line.
- Support the realization of Global fund vision, mission and goals especially as it relates to high quality data and the management of electronic databases including DHIS, LAMIS, NOMIS, DQUAL, Referral Database and PITT.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Enter backlog of client-level data from folders into the LAMIS software.
- Ensure that clients’ folders are up-to-date.
- Retrieves and sorts data source documents for electronic database entries, identifies and interprets data to be entered into specific modules. Checks for outliers/variance and correct them before entries.
- Works with primary service providers (or the M&E focal persons) to resolve questions, inconsistencies or missing data and verifies accuracy of data before entry into any electronic systems.
- Ensure prompt entry of both summary and client level data (as applicable) from source documents into summary registers or databases following format displayed on screen.
- Reviews and makes necessary corrections to information entered as required.
- Generates summary reports and responds to inquiries regarding electronic data issues.
- Maintains confidentiality of information on source documents or in databases.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining an effective and efficient records management system with good audit trail.
- Liaises with the State IT Officer following due approvals to carry out routine preventive maintenance of computing resources used for M&E
- Activates and promptly report any system error or software bugs to appropriate officers.
- Assist in management of client personal records including retrieval and filing of folders.
- Assist the Facility M&E focal person in keeping track of summary data and source documents (patient/client forms, registers and summary forms and assist in updating service registers and preparation of summary reports during reporting period and when necessary.
- Perform other M&E-related duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Knowledge of medical records management procedures.
- Knowledge of health program activities, guidelines and processes.
- Good Knowledge of computer with ability to operate various Microsoft word-processing software, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Team player with good interpersonal relationships and tolerance to socio-cultural differences.
- Efficient and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and adhere to timelines.
- Ability to follow instructions provided in verbal or written format.
- Educational Qualification:
- Must have at the minimum, a certificate in Computer Education. An OND, HND or BSc in Computer Science/Computer engineering, health technology, statistics or other related fields will be an added advantage.
Required Work Experience:
- One year work experience in a secretarial position or a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the position’s essential duties and responsibilities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Application and an updated CV in one MS word document bearing your full name to: [email protected] stating the position title and location as the subject of the mail.