ExxonMobil Corporation is the world’s leading publicly-owned energy company. ExxonMobil’s business in Nigeria is conducted through individual operating companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: 2016 Global Geoscience Student Placement
What are we looking for?
- A diverse group of talented geoscientists with the ability to integrate knowledge, ideas and skills to solve geologic problems across exploration, and production functions;
- Judgement and speed in application of geoscience tools and techniques; and, a desire to maintain their competitive advantage through advanced training and superior technological understanding.
- Exploration and production geologists and geophysicists ExxonMobil is interested in finding outstanding scientists who have a strong fundamental background in the earth sciences, physical sciences, and mathematics.
- We have excellent proprietary capabilities in teaching petroleum science and technology, and therefore do not require new geoscientists to have any prior petroleum course work or experience.
- There is, however, a requirement for demonstrated leadership, adaptability, teamwork, excellent communication skills in English, and a commitment to high safety and ethical standards.
- The company regards its global and long-term approach to hiring and career development as the foundation of its future success as a company, and as a source of great opportunity for scientists who want to grow their skills and capabilities for a long-term career.
- Researchers Geoscience careers with ExxonMobil also offer the opportunity to perform basic and applied research in seeking new ways to find and recover petroleum supplies.
- Our research programs reflect exploration and production business strategies; for example, pursuing attractive exploration opportunities, developing production from new fields, and maximizing economic recovery from existing fields.
- We maintain close relationships with ExxonMobil operating organizations around the world.
- A primary means for transferring technology to ExxonMobil operations is through research applications in which results of recent research are applied to a wide range of exploration and production problems. In many cases, these technical experts are made available to ExxonMobil operating organizations through temporary or regular assignments.
- Degree/Discipline Needed BS, MS or PhD Geology, quantitative background advantageous BS, MS or PhD Geophysics, geologic background advantageous.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.