Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operation in Nigeria. The companies’ Oil & Natural gas production activities contribute to one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Marine Operations Supervisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As a result of organizational growth, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result-oriented individuals.
- We are recruiting super caliber Marine Supervisor with the highest standards of integrity, capacity for hard work, ability to build strong working relationships and effectively interact in a multi-cultural environment.
Job Role Summary
- The successful candidates will provide expert operability and maintainability input in all areas of marine operations and systems.
- This will include key areas such as stability and ballast control, crude storage and export, maintenance of all transfer hoses and CALM Buoy, as well as diesel & methanol tandem loading and diesel transfer management.
Job Role Responsibilities
Overall supervision of marine operations and maintenance on the FPSOs including:
- Maintenance of overall stability of the FPSOs
- Coordinate with Crude Lifting activities, which requires involvement with the various stakeholders
- Inspection programs (Class and Flag)
- Management of field operational movements of the marine support fleet (PSV, Tugs, Surfers and Security vessels)
- Permit to Work System (PTWS) Area Authority for Hull & Marine Systems
- Maintenance program and supervision of maintenance contractors for all marine systems, tank cleaning operations, etc.
- Crane Operations and materials movement
- Overseeing of loading and offloading to tankers via the CALM buoy or tandem offloading
- Export Operations systems including discharge pumps, inert gas, and metering
- Export documentation
- Tank Cleaning for sludge control and tank entry
- Offloading Procedures and Marine Terminal Handbook
Expected Level of Proficiency
The ideal candidates for the position must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- B.Sc in Nautical Science with a minimum of Class 2 Certificate of Competency as Master Mariner (Unlimited tonnage, Foreign Going with Crude Liquid Petroleum Endorsement)
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency is preferable
- Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
- Crude tanker experience, with at least five years as a Chief Officer, or similar experience on a FPSO
- Familiarity in Class Certification requirement (BV is preferred)
- Crude Oil Washing Certificate
- Dangerous Liquids Handling Certificate
- Communicates Effectively
- REC – Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Marine – Vessel Machinery and Equipment (Operation and Troubleshooting) (Marine Engine)
- Marine – Managing Liquids Transfer Operations (Cargo, Ballast and Fueling) (Marine Deck)
- Managing Marine Systems (Operation and Troubleshooting) (Marine Engine).
- Shows Initiative
- Applies Learning
- Develops Others
- The position offers competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with what is obtainable in the Upstream Oil and Gas industry.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
- Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers’ page on http://careers.exxonmobil.com/ is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.
Application Deadline 24th October, 2017.