Eye Foundation Hospital Group (EFHG) is a healthcare group with speciality in Eye care services. The Eye Foundation Hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad.
It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optical Manager
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Report To: Optical Services Country Manager
- Optical Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the store, ensuring the delivery of consistent delightful experience for our customers and excellence in sales performance to keep the store profitable. In addition, the Optical Manager is responsible for maintaining an enabling environment and workspace for our clinicians and work colleagues.
Your duties shall fall include, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure a seamless operation of daily activities at the assigned TES store
- Develop a strong knowledge of the organization’s range of product and service offerings
- Supervise and coordinate all customer related activities
- Drive the delivery of quality care to patients
- Assist clinicians in attending to patients
- Assist clients in choosing frames and lenses options and consummating all sales transactions
- Manage the billing and payment process with clients
- Effectively manage the TES store’s inventory including but not limited to taking stock and reconciliation of products, receiving and validating of inventory, collating and promptly transferring inventory as needed to Head Offices or other TES stores
- Maintain liaison with other units of the organization in ensuring requests, orders, customer complaints and other issues are promptly addressed
- Deliver prompt and accurate reports in a timely manner on sales, inventory and other performance indices as may be stipulated
- Undertake general administrative work in the TES store
- Accurately order, invoice, collect (if needed), and reconcile optical jobs, supplies and other inventory required for the smooth running of the TES store
- Monitor and maintain office equipment, and inventory supplies and maintain their safe keeping at all times
- Initiate timely requisitions for replacement of stock
- Provide cover for Optical Managers at other TES locations when the need arises
- Participate in meetings, activities targeted at improving staff and organizational performance and results
- Courteously attend to all stakeholders (other units, vendors, clients and patients) – physically and on the phone
- Assist with conducting business reviews and market intelligence to ensure TES provides competitive products, services and experience to its clients
- Escalate and resolve areas of concern to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively and operational gaps at TES Store and other units are promptly addressed
- Undertake assessment and review visits to sales outlets and report back on findings as needed
- Undertake any other task as may be assigned by line manager and Management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field especially in Humanities and Social Sciences
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in a relevant field.
- Prior sales and/or customer service experience is an added advantage.
- Must be computer savvy – use of Microsoft Office tools ( and its equivalent) and Emails.
- Respectful Engagement
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 15th December, 2020.
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title and the CV/Suitability Statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- The Eye Shop is a Member of Eye Foundation Hospital Group and an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.