Farmcrowdy is Nigeria’s 1st digital agriculture platform that connects sponsors with real farmers. Our platform affords Nigerians the opportunity to sponsor our Farmers by providing them with improved resources to enable them produce high-quality farm produce and feed the growing population.
Farmcrowdy’s mandate it to empower our indigenous farmers and provide a sustainable way of engaging people in Agriculture.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Sales Manager
- The Farm Sales Manager will be responsible for driving revenue & growth for Farmcrowdy by brokering contracts with Out-growers and Off-takers, also increasing Farmcrowdy’s farm produce sales distribution in untapped markets; on a local, regional and international scale.
- In addition to this the Farm Sales Manager is to source for Farm Produce from other reliable Farm Markets to meet Aggregate Demand from prospective Buyers.
- We are looking for an experienced all-round Sales Manager to build and grow the business and be responsible for increasing awareness and sales of our farmers’ produce. Farmcrowdy is currently searching for someone with a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to work with both Farm Scale and Large Scale Farmers and also Prospective Buyers at different levels of the Agricultural Value Chain.
- Develop a sales schedule for all Farmcrowdy produce; both crop and livestock.
- Work with the operations team to develop a yearly calendar for crops and livestocks, based on realistic trends and projections.
- Establish and adjust selling price by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships with off-takers by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Promote strong, long-lasting relationships with different Farmers/Farming Communities/Large Scale Farmers in order to ensure that agreed standards, quality and quantity are met as stipulated by the prospective buyers.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team.
- Oversee the activities and performance of the sales team.
- Ensure the sales team have the necessary resources to perform properly
- Identify and Source Produce from other Reliable Farms (Farmers) to meet specific Demands
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics.
- Develop pricing schedules and rates, and formulate sales policies and procedures
- Present timely sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the operations team.
- Maintain all necessary data and records of sales for future reference.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter, and their CV’s to: [email protected]The subject title of the application should include the role being applied for e.g. ‘Application for Farm Sales Manager’.
Application Deadline 4th April, 2018.
- You may also include a link to your linked.in profile in the application
- Farmcrowdy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in the workforce.