The Federal College of Education Abeokuta, was established in 1976 and occupies a land area of 632.95 Hectares along the Abeokuta-Ibadan Road at Osiele, Abeokuta, Ogun State. The Vision and Philosophy of the College is to produce professionally trained teachers, who will stand the test of time in their areas of studies and be responsive to the dynamic needs of the society in the delivery and pursuit of Educational Excellence.
The Governing Council of the Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the post below which would be vacant in March, 2020:
Job Title: College Registrar
Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and one of the Principal Officers of the College.
- He/She is responsible to the Provost of the College for the day-today administrative work flow in the College.
- He/She is the Secretary to the College Governing Council, Academic Board and all Statutory Committees.
- He/She acts in advisory capacity on rules, regulations and procedures of the College, keeps custody of the College Seal, Legal documents and records, in addition to issuance of Certificates.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous mandatory professional developmental course is required.
- Applicants must not be below the rank of a Deputy Registrar.
- Possession of practical knowledge of information Communication Technology (ICT) and membership of Professional Bodies like NIM CIPM etc. will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must not be more than 59 years as at the time of appointment.
- A good honours degree in any of the Social Sciences/Arts Subjects with at least 21 years cognate experience; or Master’s Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 18 years cognate experience or a Doctorate Degree with at least 15 years cognate experience. Most of which preferably must be in College of Education system.
- Applicants for the post must be of proven integrity and has evidence of strong Administrative leadership, Management of Human Resources, good Human Relations and team player and other positive Managerial attributes.
Salary/Conditions of Service
The salary and allowances shall be as obtainable in Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria. Other relevant benefits are as spelt out in the College Conditions of Service and as approved by the Governing Council.
- The appointment shall be for an initial period of five (5) years and may be re-appointed for one further period of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance and no more.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to forward thirty (30) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae, giving details in the following order:
- Full Names with surname underlined
- Post Desired
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of origin/Local Government
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address and contact telephone number(s)
- E-mail address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Address of Next-of-Kin
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Qualifications (Academic and Professional)
- Previous Employer (s), posts held with dates and duties performed
- Working Experience with dates
- Name and Address of Present Employer
- Publications, if any
- Names, Address and Positions of three (3) Referees who should be requested to forward their reports directly to the Provost.
- Any other relevant information.
All Applications including three (3No) of the Referees Reports must be clearly marked “Application for the Post of Registrar” and should be forwarded and addressed to:
Federal College of Education,
P.M.B. 2096, Osiele,
Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Application Deadline: 6th November, 2019.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.