Federal College of Education, Kano – The Governing Council of Federal College of Education, Kano, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- A candidate for the post should be resourceful and conversant with current federal government financial rules and regulations as is applicable in particular to Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
- He should be honest, transparent and capable of providing sound leadership in financial management and administration.
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer of the College. He is the Chief Financial Officer of the College and is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day Administration and control of the financial affairs of the Institution,
- Among others, sonic specific duties of the Bursar include:
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and executing the financial affairs of the College in accordance with the Government financial regulations. treasury circulars and the Governing Council’s decisions/directives tinder sound financial discipline and management.
- Maintaining proper books of account and financial records on income and expenditure, as well as assets and liabilities of the College.
- Advising the Provost on all College financial matters.
- Providing regular and special reports to the Governing Council on the College financial matters.
- Coordinating the preparation, submission and defence of the College annual personnel, overhead and capital budget estimates,
- Maintaining an up to date record of Federal Government Financial regulations, directives and circulars.
- Maintaining good rapport with the Government Financial regulatory bodies/agencies to ensure appropriate compliance with Government financial rules and regulations.
- Preparation of the college annual financial statements for statutory audit by external auditors.
- A candidate for the post of Bursar must possess:
- A good honours degree or its equivalent in Accounting or Finance from a recognized Institution, with at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience. Or
- A Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience.
- Registration with a recognized Professional Body, i.e. ICAN, ANAN, ACCA or recognised equivalent is mandatory
- Candidate must be proficient in ICT skills and packages, especially Excel.
- Candidate must not be above fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of taking up the appointment.
Terms of Appointment
The Appointment shall be for a period of 5 years in the first instance and may be renewed for an additional 5 years thereafter.
Salary CONTEDISS 15.
Application Closing Date
24th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit in twenty (20) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following information:
- Full names, Surname underlined.
- Date and Place of Birth.
- Marital Status
- Number and Age of Children
- Geo-Political Zone
- State of Origin
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Educational institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Work Experience in chronological sequence with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Extra-Curricular Activities/Hobbies
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees one of which must be the present employer
Applications should be forwarded to the Registrar/Secretary to Council in a sealed envelope labelled “Post of Bursar” to: The Registrar/Secretary to Council, Federal College of Education, P.M.B. 3045, Kano State. Referees In addition, candidates are required to ask their three (3) referees to send Confidential Reports on them to the Registrar/Secretary to Council to be received on or before the closing date.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.