The Governing Council of Federal College of Education, Kontagora invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the appointment to the post below which will be vacant as from 17th January, 2018:
Job Title: Provost
Location: Kontagora, Niger
- Candidates for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive management attributes.
- Provost is the Chief Executive of the College.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the institution was established.
To be eligible for appointment as the Provost of the College, the candidate must:
- Have education qualification plus Ph.D in one of the Subjects taught at NCE programme including registration with Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN).
- Be a Chief Lecturer of at least five (5) years cognate experience.
- Must be proficient in ICT packages and capacities.
- Not more than fifty nine (59) years at the time of assumption of duty. Please note that only the date declared by you at the date (point of entry of your appointment) will be accepted and this would be verified.
- Be of good conduct, possesses sense of discipline, dedication, drive, resourcefulness and be able to command respect and loyalty of the members of staff and students of the College. He/She must not foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interest.
- Must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years professional and administrative cognate experience in an Institution of comparative status.
- Must show evidence of good track record in result-oriented researches, reaching high National and International status in their research achievement.
- Must enjoy excellent physical and mental health (with evidence from a Government hospital).
- Have evidence of community services.
Terms of Appointment
The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years in the first instance and may be eligible for re-appointment fora second term of four (4) years and no more.
- The Conditions of Service are as obtainable in Federal Colleges of Education System.
- The Candidate appointed will be entitled to all official approved benefits attached to Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications in fifteen (15) copies with up to date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names with Surname underlined
- Marital Status
- Number of Children, including the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area
- State of Origin
- Geopolitical Zone
- Current Postal Address and Phone number(s)
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualification(s) and distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Association/Bodies
- Work experience in chronological sequence
- Present employee Status and Salary (Copy of last Promotion)
- Extra-Curricular activities
- Publications in Standard Form
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the present employer, who are to forward Confidential Reports on the applicant directly to the Registrar.
- Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documenting evidences (where applicable) and bring the originals of their Credentials if invited for interview.
- Date available to assume duty if appointed.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelop and marked “Post of Provost” on the top left hand corner addressed to:
Federal College of Education,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 9th November, 2017.