The Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo was established in October, 1977 with the sole mandate of training teachers for special needs education at the Primary and Secondary Levels of Education.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
- The College Librarian shall be responsible to the Provost for the administration of the College Library and the Coordination of the Library Services in the Teaching Units of the College.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Master’s Degree in Library Science from a recognized University and should in addition have at least 15 years relevant experience.
- Applicants must also have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals. Computer literacy and familiarity with the operation of computerized Library Services will be an advantage.
- Candidates should have worked in similar tertiary institutions at the level of Chief Librarian for not less than 3 years.
- Applicants must not be more than 59 years at the lime of assumption of duty.
Conditions of Service
- The conditions of service are the same as those obtainable in College of Education System in Nigeria. Fringe benefits are as applicable to Principal Officers in similar Tertiary Institutions
- The College Librarian shall hold office for a period of five (5) years beginning from the effective date of his/her appointment in line with such terms and conditions as specified in the letter of appointment and may be re-appointed for one further period of five (5) years and no more.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of their application with photocopies of their credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting amongst others the following:
- Name in Full (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Position Desired
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Current Postal Address
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications obtained including membership of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience in Chronological Order
- Present employer, post and salary
- Extra Curriculum/Activities
- Names, Addresses and Positions of Three (3) Referees
Reference reports from three (3) referees are to be forwarded directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council. Such referees should be able to attest to the Candidate’s claim to high academic and managerial capability as well as noted uprightness.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential Cover in envelops marked Collage Librarian) at the upper left hand corner and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.
Application Deadline: 9th November, 2017.