The Federal Government of Nigeria has designed the N-Power Programme to drastically reduce youth unemployment. N-Power is also linked to the Federal Government’s policies in the economic, employment and social development arenas. The modular programmes under N-Power will ensure that each participant will learn and practice most of what is necessary to find or create work. Some of these graduates will also help in actualizing Nigeria’s economic and strategic aspirations of achieving food security and self-sufficiency.
N-Power will also be a platform for diversifying the economy. N-Power is preparing young Nigerians for a knowledge economy where, equipped with world-class skills and certification, they become innovators and movers in the domestic and global markets.
Applications are hereby invited for the position below:
Job Title: N-Power Teacher Corps Programme (N-Power Health)
Start Date: 1st August
Duration: 2 years (Participants will undergo an initial induction training prior to deployment)
Certification: National Skills Qualification (NSQ)
N-Power Teacher Corps Programmes
The N-Power Teacher Corps will engage and train 500,000 young unemployed graduates. It is a paid volunteering programme of a 2 year duration. The 500,000 graduates under the N-Power Corps programme will get computing devices that will contain information necessary for their specific engagement, as well as information for their continuous training and development. Participants will provide teaching, instructional, and advisory solutions in key area such as “Health“.
Through the N-Power Health programme, young graduates who form part of the 500,000 N-Power Corps members will be trained to work as public health assistants. They will teach preventive health to community members including pregnant women, children, families and individuals. They will also be trained to provide basic diagnostic services.
Programme participants would be trained to provide the following essential services:
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate basic health problems and health hazards in individuals and the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Educate on laws, regulations and policies that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services.
In addition, successful applicants will also benefit from a compulsory employability and entrepreneurship skills development programme.
At the end of the two-year programme, you may seek further opportunities in the following occupations in an employee or self-employed role:
- Health Education Specialist
- Health Promotion Coordinator
- Public Relations Manager
- Breastfeeding Support Coordinator
- Health Office Administrator
- Health Research Analyst
- Social Worker & Counselor
- Health Services Manager
- Health Department Administrator
- Government Policy Analyst
- Displaced Persons Coordinator
- HIV/AIDS Educator
- Project Manager in Public Health
- Field Investigator
- Research Analyst
- Community Health Worker
Course Details – Core Employability Skills
- Competencies/Learning Strategies:
- Writing and presenting written and verbal reports
- Role Plays
- Working in groups
- To be communicated before commencement of training
- Team or group projects
- Learning sets
- Group discussion
- Communities of practice
- Case studies
- Investigative projects and research
- Using various problem solving tools and techniques
- Developing or designing models
- Problem solving in teams and networks
- Decision making activities
Initiative & Enterprise:
- Brainstorming activities
- Designing innovative and creative practices and solutions
- Initiating change/design change processes
- Simulation activities
Planning & Organizing:
- Research and data collection
- Developing action plans
- Planning and organizing events
- Time management activities
- Goal setting activities and scheduling tasks
- Collecting and analyzing information
- Development of portfolios
- Work plans
- Using log books to record time management skills and monitor own performance
- Career planning exercises
- Reflective journals log books, diaries
- Mentoring and coaching activities
- Self-evaluation tools
- Using the Internet, Intranets
- Using ICT skills to complete activities
- Industry relevant software, technology and equipment
- To be communicated before commencement of training
- N-Power aspires to provide a platform where most Nigerians can access skills acquisition and development. At this time however, the initial modular programmes in N-Power are designed for Nigerian citizens between the ages of 18 and 35.
- You will need to meet the minimum requirements (if any) for your respective programme. Generally, selection is based:
- On your expression of a genuine interest in whichever area you decide;
- Passing the relevant tests;
- Your willingness to push yourself beyond your comfort zone; and
- Ability to show a flair to develop all the skills you need to be the best you can be.
- While there are fixed requirements along the way, we will be relying on you to take ownership of the process and take the lead in shaping your route, by making the most of the training that you will receive.
- For the purposes of N-Power, Graduate means having a minimum of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or a Bachelors Degree from a higher institution.
- Currently Unemployed
- Must be a graduate ( any field or profession )
- Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps Programme
- Aged 18-35
- An interest in public health
- You should be a caring individual, interested in the health and safety of others and of good temperament
Application Closing Date
For more information, Visit: www.npower.gov.ng/n-corps
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: