The Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerians for the position below in the National Biotechnology Development Agency (NABDA):
Job Title: Director General/Chief Executive Officer
- The institute has the national mandate for Research and Development in biotechnology including Agricultural Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology, Medical Biotechnology, Genomic Genetics resources and Bioinformatics. Bio entrepreneurship and Extension Services.
- The successful candidate appointed as the substantive Director General/CEO shall be responsible through the NABDA Governing Board to the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology for the attainment ofthe mandate of the Institute.
Conditions For Eligibility
To apply a candidate must:
- Have obtained his/her first Degree/Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution.
- Possession of experience in the Management of a research organization will be an advantage.
- Possession of higher qualifications and computer literacy is an added advantage.
- Membership of Local and international Professional bodies in Biotechnology will be an advantage.
- Possess at least Ph.D in Science and at least 15 years demonstrable Research experience in Science and Technology with verifiable background in Biotechnology including service as a Director (Research) in a research Institute or its equivalent.
- Have had extensive relevant research experience as evidenced by at least 25 scientific publications in peer reviewed reputable local and international journals. relevant to Biotechnology.
Conditions of Service
- Conditions of Service are as provided for Political, Public and Judicial Office Holders (Salaries and Allowance, etc (Amendment) (Bill 2008) and applied to Federal Government Research Institute which may be modified from time to time by competent Federal authorities.
- The tenure of the post is 4 years but renewable based on performance
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit printed copies of their Application, current and detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopied credentials giving the following information:
- Personal Particulars:
- Full Names. Dates and Place of Birth, State of Origin, Marital Status, physical and electronic contact Address.
- Educational Background:
- Institutions Attended with Dates, Qualification Obtained with I.)ates, Membership of Professional Bodies, Prizes, Distinctions/Awards Obtained.
- Work Experience
- Present Employer, Position and Salary
- Previous Positions held with Dates:
- List of Publications (starting from the most recent) in reputable scientific journals.
- Leisure and spare time activities/hobbies
- Any other relevant information in support of application.
- Name and address of three referees (not relations) who shall be able to testify to the applicant’s academic/professional competence as well as conduct and character and be ready to send their report(s) directly to the Honourable Minister of Science and Technology within the valid period of submitting application mentioned above.
All applicants are to forward 15 copies of their applications to:
The Honourable Minister,
Federal Ministry of Science and Technology,
New Federal Secretariat,
Phase I, Shehu Shagari Way,
P. M. B. 331-Abuja.
Application Deadline 7th November, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview