The Federal University Lokoja (FUL) was established in February 2011 and is located in Lokoja, Kogi State, North-Central Nigeria, about 160 Kilometers from Abuja the Nation’s Capital. It is a conventional University that is striving to excel in both Academic and Research activities in order to compete favourably with other Universities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Works, Physical Planning and Development (CONTISS 15)
- The Director of Works & Physical Planning as a senior management officer of the University is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day Physical/Infrastructural Facilities Planning, Development and management of the University.
- He/she is responsible for the coordination and supervision of physical development projects, ensuring quality standards and maintenance of structures in the University.
- Furthermore, the candidate must be in good health, be ICT compliant and must not be older than sixty (60)years at the time of assumption of duty.
Qualification & Experience
- Candidates should possess a good B.Sc in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering or any other relevant degree from a recognized Institution with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division plus NYSC Discharged Certificate or Evidence of Exemption.
- SSCE/NECO/WASC/GCE O/Level credit in five (5) subjects including mathematics and English Language is compulsory.
- The candidate must possess professionally recognized certificate with current practicing license as well as not less than twenty (20) years post qualification Engineering experience.
- In addition, the candidates must have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience in a senior management position preferably in a University.
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years.
Conditions of Service
- Salaries, allowances and other conditions of service attached to the position are the same with the approved salary structure for federal Universities in Nigeria
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Fifteen (15) copies each of the following documents:
- Typed applications;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae; and
- Copies of credentials
The Curriculum Vitae should, among other information include the following in this order:
- Position applied for;
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters);
- Place and Date of Birth;
- State of Origin & Local Government Area;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Present Postal Address/GSM Numbers/E-mail Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children (if any);
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates;
- Academic Qualifications Obtained with Dates;
- Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates;
- Working Experience including full details of former and present post(s);
- Honours, Awards and Distinctions;
- Extra Curricular Activities;
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees, (One of them must be your current or immediate past employer).
Candidates submission should be forwarded in sealed envelope which should have the position applied for clearly indicated on its left-hand corner and also request their three (3) Referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar of the University. The Referees should also be informed to indicate the names of their candidates and the positions and departments applied for, on the left hand corner of the envelopes in which the references are forwarded. All applications and supporting documents should be sent to: The Registrar, Federal University Lokoja, P.M.B. 1154, Lokoja, Kogi State. Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.