FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director, Finance and Operations
- FHI 360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Director, Finance and Operations on an anticipated USAID-funded project to improve the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions to meet state/LGA-specific goals and objectives.
- The Director of Finance & Administration will report to the Chief of Party and will be responsible for developing, overseeing, managing, preparing, administering and directing the control of the budget to ensure attainment of financial and strategic goals
- Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team
- Oversees the final content and distribution of all financial reports for external and internal entities
- Ensures budget reflects current business operations and adjusts qualitative and quantitative analytics to reflect changing business environment, as needed. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel.
- Provides innovative and strategic leadership to the budget and finance staff. Sets departmental operational plans, goals and policies;
- Works with budget and finance managers to establish strategic workflow plans. Oversees the project budget;
- Provides timely and accurate financial reports to FHI 360 and USAID as required;
- Collaborates with senior leadership on critical and complex aspects of budgetary and financial reviews and makes operational recommendations;
- Manages internal and external financial audits of the program;
- Ensures continual review of internal and strategic controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation;
- Supports subcontractors as needed to ensure sound financial management and operations;
- Ensures that sub-contracts, sub-grants and local consultancy documents and procedures are completed in a timely and correct manner and comply with FHI 360 and USAID policies and regulations; and
- Provides overall financial and administrative coordination and support to ensure an effective and efficient operating platform for the project.
- A Post-graduate Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related field relevant to the position requirements;
- At least 12+ of experience in administrative and financial management of large complex projects of which at least eight years experience in a supervisory role, management of USG funded projects and a track record in developing and managing large budgets;
- Significant experience on USAID Contracts
- Significant supervisory experience
- Significant experience with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems;
- Expert level knowledge and past experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), practices and reporting guidelines;
- Well versed in state and federal laws and regulations that have impact on budgets and financial analysis, general accounting, and management controls;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise; and
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
- Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
Application Closing Date