FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer, Reproductive Health
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisor: PHC Coordinator
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions.
- The Senior Technical Officer, Reproductive Health will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on reproductive health. His/her primary responsibilities are to manage and support RH clinical activities for three sites of the new liberated government areas (LGAs) – Dikwa, Ngala and Banki – with potential for additional sites.
- Under the supervision of the PHC Coordinator, the STO-RH will manage all activities related to reproductive health while ensuring the quality of service and correct application of the treatment protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day technical and programmatic support related to Clinical Management of RH and integrated medical services at the facility level guided by strategies and approaches related to the implementation.
- Coordinate the implementation of components related to RH in FHI 360 humanitarian programs.
- Work with relevant staff to coordinate the design and implementation of facility based programs in relation to RH
- Provide ongoing technical assistance in RH for FHI 360 programs in the NE.
- Work with technical staff at the state offices and other relevant FHI 360 staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to RH and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Support system strengthening and of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Provide programmatic assistance to local partners in programming RH activities.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of RH and related developments by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation.
- Build capacity of Community Health Workers (CHWs) through organized trainings.
- Serves as liaison to external organizations at coordination meetings and conference as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS / MD / PHD or similar degree with 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of RH in humanitarian relief settings.
- Possession of a fellowship in Obstetrics/Gynaecology or Paediatrics or an advanced post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of reproductive health and humanitarian programs in emergency situations.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of RH.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding RH.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified