Posted on :
19 Apr, 2010
19 Apr, 2010
Family Health International (FHI) has been at the forefront of public health research and intervention programs in the developing countries. In collaboration with national governments, local communities and leading research institutions, FHI delivers services and conducts research in HIVIAIDS, other infectious diseases and reproductive health to improve the lives and well-being of some of the world’s most vulnerable populations.
In Nigeria, FHI is engaged in providing public health services and implementing programs in HIV/AIDS, TB, reproductive health, malaria, and health systems strengthening in partnership with the Government of Nigeria. To strengthen our operations in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
Clinical services Officer
With the Senior Medical Services Officer, the Clinical Services Officer will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on clinica(*%#management of HIV/AIDS and prevention of mother to child transmission of HIVIAIDS (PMTCT} at the zonal and state levels.
• Provide day to day technical and programmatic support related to clinical management or HIVI AIDS at the facility level, guided by slralegies and approaches related to the implementation programs
• With the Senior Medical Service Officer, coordinate the implementation of components related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS and PMTCT at the facility level
• Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management capacily building and PMTCT at the facility level
• Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS and PMTCT and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs
• Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks
• Contribute to the development of program strategies, SUb-project documents, work plans and budgets
• Assist in the provision of programmatic assistance to loca! partners in programming HIV/AIOS/STI activities
• MBSS/MD with 1-3 years experience in clinical care
• Sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of antiretroviral therapy in resource¬constrained settings
• 3-5 years experience following postgraduate degree in public health is desirable
• Familiarity with the Nigerian public sector health system, NGOs and CBOs will be an advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward their suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single M word document on/before 23rd April 2010 to:
[email protected] for Medical Services Department vacancy
Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicateas the mile will beconsidered,andonly shortlisted candidates will becontacted
Please doNOTsendmorethan one application.Failure to follow these instructions will lead to automaticdisqualification.
DISCLAIMER: Family Health International (FHI) does not test/interview candidates for a fee and all our testsllnterviews are conducted in the country officeAbuja or our zonal offices.