Posted on :
9 Feb, 2010
9 Feb, 2010
FHI International is recruiting for a Senior Program Officer.
SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER (1, Anambra Zone)
Under the supervision of the Zonal Manager,’ provide support to and coordination in program planning, design, review and the monitoring of project activities to the country and field offices.
• Work with the Zonal Manager to provide support to and coordinate FHI Nigeria activities within USAID and PEPFAR guidelines and regulations
• Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks
• Assist the Zonal Manager in the development of program strategies, sub-project documents, work plans and budgets
• Supervise the work of the Program Officer and State M&E Officer
• Assist the Zonal Manager in the provision of programmatic assistance to local FH I partners in programming HIV/AIDS/STI activities
• Work with the Zonal Manager to oversee technical capacity building activities at the national, state and local government levels and for local implementing agencies
• Remain informed on current programs and research in the STI/H IV field
• Hone skills by working closely with international prevention specialists
• Masters degree in public health or the behavioral sciences with 5-7 years experience (or B.Sc. with 7-9 years)
• Minimum of 5 years in HIV/AIDS programming
• Experience working with NGOs and CBOs
• Candidates with Bachelor’s degree and additional experience will be considered
• Strong knowledge of HIV/AIDS programming and of project monitoringMethod of Application:
Interested candidates should forward their suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] for Program Management Department- vacancy
Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered, and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not send more than one application. Failure to follow these instructions will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 11th February, 2010