Posted on :
9 Feb, 2010
9 Feb, 2010
Family Health International (FHI) is dedicated to improving lives, knowledge, and understanding worldwide through a highly diversified program of research, education, and services. FHI is recruiting for an Associate Director, Strategic Behavior Communication.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC BEHAVIOR COMMUNICATION (1, country office, Abuja)
The Associate Director, Strategic Behavior Communication will be responsible for designing, leading and implementing the SBC strategy for FH I Nigeria across the continuum of prevention, treatment and care in all disease programs, including HIV/AIDS, reproductive health and family planning, STls, TB and malaria.
• In coordination with technical leads, develop an SBC strategy and operational plan for PEPFAR, USAID and GFATM programs
• Develop appropriate milestones and targets and indicators
• Share collaborative case studies, success stories, impact survey and other researches that inform policy on critical issues in FHI Nigeria’s thematic areas in terms of service delivery and its design
• Manage and quality-control the output of all SBC materials utilized by FHI Nigeria
• With the Zonal Managers and technical leads develop work plans in SBC for all disease programs
• In coordination with the Associate Director Technical Documentation and Knowledge Management, develop and maintain good relations with the Nigeria-based media at state and national levels
• In coordination with the Associate Director Technical Documentation and Knowledge Management identify cost-effective media service providers for the commissioning of SBC materials necessary for zonal programs
• Build the capacity of technical and program staff in the country and zonal offices on SBC and its applications in disease programs, including community mobilization for demand creation and treatment adherence
• Review job descriptions for SBC officers and set targets for achievements and outputs for each zone and for the country office
• In coordination with the Associate Director Technical Documentation and Knowledge Management provide training, capacity building and quality control to SBC staff at the zonal and country offices in documenting programs and events
• Provide technical capacity building to country office SBC Department and zonal SBC officers in SBC skill areas
• Identify with technical leads gaps in SBC materials for all disease programs Identify SBC materials from other countries (e.g.’ South Africa, Thailand, etc) which can be adapted for the Nigerian context
• Provide regular SBC status analysis to GHAIN senior management
• Ensure that all FH I SBC activities conform to FHI’s policy and guidelines on ethical conduct
• In coordination with the Director of Programs Management and Zonal Managers assist in the identification of implementing agencies for SBC related activities in Nigeria
• Participate in the initiation, design, and monitoring of project activities, including sub-agreements and budgets
• Master’s degree (plus 7-9 years) or B.Sc. (plus 9-11 years) in any subject
• At least 5 years working experience in a similar position
• Demonstrated ability to manage external and internal communications in a large complex health-related project
• Ability to travel within Nigeria at least 25% of work time
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should forward their suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] for Communications Department vacancies
Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered, and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not send more than one application. Failure to follow these instructions will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 11th February, 2010