Posted on :
26 Jan, 2015
26 Jan, 2015
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organisation dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Technical Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation
SENIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER, MONITORING AND EVALUATION
The Senior Technical Officer (M&E), under the supervision of Associate Director, Monitoring and Evaluation, will assist in the design, implementation and supervision of monitoring and evaluation activities at national level and in different state and zonal offices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with the country office, state-level M&E staff and government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation activities and on US Government and Government of Nigeria reporting requirements.
Communicate with key counterparts at national level, especially from FMoH, NACA NASCP, NTBLCP and NMCP to facilitate the synergy and harmony between FHI360 and GON M&E and NHMIS activities as link to Global Health initiative such as HIV and AIDS, TB, Malaria, FP/RH.
Support the development of quality management system, includingsupporting appropriate data analysis and reporting.
Produce high quality analysis products on a regular basis for the monitoring and evaluation of Global Health Initiatives.
Ensure that the quality of program/project monitoring and evaluation in the sites is of international standard by supportingthe development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms and tools to ensure quality.
Monitor and support the state M&E teams, assisting them in the performance of all their local M&E activities.
Provide support to the sites in the states, including interacting with site Program Managers, Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that together with M&E officers and other key staff, they understand and can support USAID and GON requirements.
Provide relevant technical guidance and assistance to state M&E Officers, other departments within the country office, to partnerorganizations and GON M&E counterparts.
Build capacity of zonal offices, national and local partners in the use of project monitoring and evaluation data to modify existing programs and design new programs.
Develop, review and ensure the correct implementation of the national M&E plan and ensuring that M&E strategies are implemented according to plan.
Develop and/or adapt, and monitor the use and inform necessary modifications to M&E tools; support timely and accurate data flow.
Work with state offices and local partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
Contribute to the design and technical development of monitoring and evaluation initiatives at national and state level. Provide related capacity building support at zonal and state level.
Help ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality of all Global Health program interventions.
Assist in the development and maintenance of the computerized data capture of program activities and provides technical assistance and training to the staff at the zonal offices responsible for data entry and management. Provide technical assistance to M&E officers of NACA/NASCP, SACA/SASCP, NTBLCP/STBLCP and NMCP/SMCP in integrating FHI360 data into the national HMIS.
Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
Knowledge of health and development programs in developingcountries in general and Nigeria specifically.
Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
Knowledge of health, reproductive health or HIV/AIDS/STI/TB and Malaria programming in developing countries.
Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
Well-developed computer skills.
Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
JOB SUMMARY / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in country offices. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives. Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. Creates scientific and technical material in area of expertise. Assists and gives guidance with development of proposals. Works with communities and partners to maximize local capacity. Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports.
• Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for research projects.
• Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
• Writes and edits technical reports and documents.
• Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.’
• Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
• Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
• Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff.
• Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
• Assists with the implementation of research studies by monitoring and documenting processes.
• Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
• Prepares reports and papers summarizing project results.
• Delivers presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
• Ensures project implementation adheres to company strategy and remains technically sound.
• Provides leadership and team building at the task level.
• Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of global level innovative technical strategies.
• Oversees all aspects of the programs/projects.
• Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
• Analyzes data sets and technical assessment findings.
• Develops and monitors work plans.
• Provides leadership and team building at the project level.
• Serves as company liaison to external organizations at professional meetings and conferences as assigned.
MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
Or MPH or MS/MA in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
Or BS/BA in statistics, pharmacy, microbiology, monitoring and evaluation or in relevant degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for Global Health Initiatives.
Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.