Posted on :
9 Feb, 2010
9 Feb, 2010
Family Health International (FHI) is dedicated to improving lives, knowledge, and understanding worldwide through a highly diversified program of research, education, and services. FHI is recruiting for a Community Mobile Assistant.
COMMUNITY MOBILE ASSISTANT (2, FCT ZONE)
Under the direction of the CHS and Senior Medical Services Advisor, the mobile team members will provide community-based services at the zonal office.
• Under the guidance of the CHS and Senior Medical Services Advisor, coordinate the planning and implementation of mobile services at zonal office level
• Provide technical assistance to NGOs/CBOs in the HAST LGAs to implement their programs, including PMTCT and IMNCH
• Build the capacity of NGOs, CBOs; support groups and community volunteers in contact tracking and referrals
• Monitor activities of NGOs, CBOs, support groups and community volunteers to ensure quality Participate in the conduct of orphans and vulnerable children surveys in the zone
• Monitor the implementation of services in the PHCs of the LGA including the distribution of communities
• Monitor and coordinate MDR-TB activities in Cross River zone
• Provide technical assistance for the implementation of the early infant diagnosis program in Taraba zone
• Provide technical assistance to the LGA to coordinate HAST activities in the LGA
• Work with the S BC officer in the zonal office to facilitate the sensitization and mobilization of communities to access services
• Coordinate the activities of other care providers in the community, including support groups and volunteers to provide services in the community
• Conduct household assessments for malaria program in the community
• Participate in advocacy and sensitization in the LGAs
• Write reports of mobile activities
• Community health nursing certificate with at least two years experience in community health in the community
• Experience working in HIV/AIDS counseling and testing will be an advantage
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should forward their suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] for Medical Services Department vacancy
Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered, and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not send more than one application. Failure to follow these instructions will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 11th February, 2010