Filmhouse Cinemas Limited is a dynamic film exhibition company. Our expertise are in the areas of; Cinema operation: we Manage sites; Own sites, Consultancy for cinema development: Design; Fit-out; Cinema project management, Film Distribution: Rights Acquisition; Booking into cinemas; content development. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter/Waitress
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
- The right Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
- Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you
- To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals
- You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
- Keep in mind that Waiter/Waitress duties may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
- Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Proven work experience as a Waiter or Waitress
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- High School Diploma; food safety training is a plus
Job Title: Mixlologist
Job Location: Lagos
Duties and Responsibilities
Mixologists have specific job duties and often focus on certain types of alcohol and cocktails depending on where they work, but the core duties of mixologists are the same across all companies, breweries, and distilleries. These duties include:
- Mixologists make syrups, infusions, tinctures, mixed drinks, and cocktails of all types to fulfill customer orders. Mixologists take orders from customers, serve drinks, and collect money for the orders they fill.
Entertain and Educate Guests:
- Mixologists entertain guests while mixing drinks, talking to customers about spirits and offering trivia and history about various alcohols to keep customers engaged and enjoying themselves.
Design New Beverage Menu Items:
- Mixologists are responsible for crafting original beverage menu items and designing new, innovative cocktails using the ingredients that are already supplied by the company for which they work.
Clean and Organize Bar:
- Mixologists must keep the bar area clean and organized, maintaining all sanitation standards of the business and local food and beverage laws.
Maintain Alcohol Inventory:
- Mixologists are responsible for keeping the bar well stocked and fully supplied with alcohol, and for filling out inventory forms in order to replace items as needed.
Follow Alcohol Laws:
- At all times, mixologists must adhere to state laws regarding alcohol consumption by checking customer identification and cutting off customers who have had too much to drink.
Make Drink Suggestions:
- Mixologists suggest cocktails and mixed drinks to customers who are unsure about what they want to order.
- Mixologists prepare all drink garnishes and keep the garnish station continuously stocked during their shifts.
Skills and Qualifications
- Mixologists must have good people skills to keep customers entertained in addition to extensive knowledge of alcohol and cocktails of all types. Employers look for mixologists who have the following necessary skills to perform all their job functions well:
- Customer service – mixologists are entertainers as well as drink servers, which requires excellent customer service and good people skills
- Salesmanship – because mixologists make suggestions to guests and attempt to upsell drink orders by offering more expensive brands of alcohol or costlier cocktails, employers look for professionals with sales experience to fulfill this role
- Communication skills – mixologists engage people at various marketing events as well as customers at the bar, so people who pursue this path need good verbal communication skills to succeed
- Computer skills – because mixologists use point of sale systems and other computer programs, employers seek professionals with basic computer skills
- Physical stamina – mixologists spend most of their working hours on their feet and performing for guests by flipping glasses and making drinks with flourishing, entertaining movements, so only those with the physical ability to perform these tasks will find success in this career
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should come for an interview at the address below:
Application Deadline/Interview Date: 11th July, 2019 (9am-10:30am)