FIRST E&P Limited, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Interface Engineer
- Project Focal point to oversee and manage all interface and engineering coordination issues between the various work packages deployed in the execution of the project.
- The scope shall include all interfaces associated with design, engineering, construction, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- The work packages / stakeholders important to the project are listed as follows:
- The Company (including partners)
- Conductor supported platform
- Subsea Pipelines and risers
- Drilling works
- Define for management approval, the Interface Management Process for the project. This shall include the authoring of all the relevant documents to be used in the implementation of the process.
- Define and regularly update the battery limits of the various work packages
- Create the project MASTER INTERFACE REGISTER; Identify, catalogue and regularly update the interfaces between various work packages at their battery limits with full definition of the requirements required for management and closeout.
- Provide technical support for review of contractor design, proposals and method statements.
- Identify Risks (threats and opportunities) through workshops, Management sessions, information gathering or any other effective means
- Promote and actively contribute to flawless start up and asset team acceptance
- Review of all interface related contractor produced engineering documents and relate any differences or site approved changes to the project and relevant work packages team leaders.
- Organize and lead interface review meetings with work package stakeholders and other contractors. Suggest and facilitate reaching agreements and optimal solutions regarding all interfaces.
- Carry out regular interface progress assessments to identify delays and initiate remedial action if necessary
- Produce on a regular basis an interface progress report including all critical areas and potential conflict
- Other project duties as may be assigned by the Head of Engineering and Project services
- Develop and implement (using other resources) an interface management system that is web based can be fully accessible through the internet.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to the project regarding interface issues, scope and schedule.
- Ensure Contractor’s compliance with all interface related technical requirements during detailed design, fabrication, integration, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning stages of the project.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Minimum of a B.Sc./B.E degree in Civil, Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering
- Varied work experience is preferred with good knowledge of offshore jackets, subsea pipeline systems, FPSO’s, facility engineering, fabrication, integration, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Minimum 3 years of interface management experience within a major offshore oil and gas project.
- Minimum 12 years in an engineering or construction role in the offshore oil and gas industry.