Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Research Chemist
- Development and implementation of analytical methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision , accuracy and reliability of analytical data on raw materials and finished products.
- Quality assurance through evaluation of raw materials and finished products for the compliance with specifications and establishing shelf life of new and reformulated products from experimental studies
- Develop and test chemical and selected physical analytical procedures for raw materials, intermediate and finished products to assure product quality
- Conduct chemical analysis on raw materials to determine suitability and compliance with specifications before purchase for use and conduct analysis on products quality from trade
- Carry out shelf life studies on new and reformulated products to support product claims in trade and to meet regulatory requirements for product registration
- Investigate effects of raw materials substitutions on nutritional and functional properties of finished product
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment for physical, chemical, and functional properties analysis
- First Degree in Industrial Chemistry or Food Science & Technology
The Person must:
- Have relevant experience in the FMCG Industry
- Have experience in data analysis and chemical evaluation of raw materials and finished products
- 5 years relevant experience
- Membership of IPAN – Institute of Public Analyst of Nigeria (IPAN) is an added advantage.
Job Title: Research Lab Assistant
- Assist in provision theological and microbiological data on raw materials, in process and finished products for product development and market decisions
- Assist in carrying out laboratory evaluation of raw materials, products under development and finished products to predict compliance to specifications and in establishing shelf life of new and reformulated products
- Sampling and preliminary sample preparation for microbiological and rheological analysis
- Assist the RFT in the development and validation of rheological and microbiological techniques/procedures for evaluation of raw materials, intermediate and finished products in food bus to assure product quality and safety
- Conduct routine and non-routine microbiological assays of raw materials, intermediate and finished products, packaging, trade samples, samples in shelf life storage experiments, water and waste effluent
- Assist to carry out shelf life studies on new and reformulated products to determine the effect of processing, environment, packaging and presence of spoilage microorganisms on overall shelf life.
- OND in Science Laboratory Technology or Food Science & Technology
- 2years relevant experience
The person must:
- Have relevant experience
- Have experience in carrying out basic lab functions, such as shelf-life studies, microbiological assays and data analysis